01/09/15 10:10 Filed in: department news
- The Social Studies Department would like to say goodbye to Cynthia Hernandez and thank her for all of her hard work and dedication to the students and teachers of San Antonio ISD! Cynthia retired on August 31st and we will definitely miss her!
- We would also like to give a huge welcome to our newest team members! Ellen Barshop is our new Instructional Coach and Carolyn Gadsden-Holliday is our new Lead Instructional Coach! We are excited to have them join our team and they will be meeting you soon as we visit our campuses and classrooms!
19/08/15 13:18 Filed in: professional learning
- Secondary Social Studies Teachers from all over San Antonio ISD gathered together at Fox Tech last week to learn what it means to Be On Stage Every Day! Teachers experienced seven different lessons designed to immerse them into what student-centered learning should look, sound, and feel like. They also discovered how literacy can be using within the classroom on a daily basis and how cooperative learning helps students become investigators.
- Journey over to the TLC page to find all of the lessons, movie posters, and pictures of the model classroom!
30/04/15 10:47 Filed in: Website Updates
- Uploaded to Geography/Culture: Being Historically Fashionable - The examination of changes in clothing trends over time.
- Uploaded to Geography/Culture: Historical Headgear - The examination of how different cultures in different time periods used materials to protect their heads, especially during conflict.
- Uploaded to Geography/Culture: Climate and Clothing - Students investigate how materials and climate can dictate what people wear.