San Antonio Independent School District
After School Challenge Program
David Udovich, Executive Director
Theresa Leal, Program Coordinator
The City of San Antonio and the San Antonio Independent School District collaborate to provide recreational and educational opportunities for students in the community during the after school hours in the After School Challenge Program.
The purposes of the SAISD After School Challenge Program:
To provide a safe and supportive environment for our students.
To provide opportunities for continued development, including homework assistance in all subject areas with an emphasis in mathematics and science.
The key program objectives:
- Provide a safe and supportive after school environment.
- Offer homework assistance.
- Provide opportunities for academic development in core subjects.
- Provide opportunities for students to receive academic assistance in the meeting or exceeding of local and state achievement standards.
- Provide opportunities for students to enhance social awareness and skills.
AFTER SCHOOL CHALLENGE PROVIDERS
Boys and Girls Clubs of San Antonio - 977-1480
Greater San Antonio All Stars - 229-7827
YMCA of Greater San Antonio (YMCA) - 924-2277
Young Women Christian Association (YWCA) - 433-9922
For a list of participating campuses, please see the documents tab at the top of this page.