Risk ManagementRisk Management
Leaves of Absence
The district offers employees paid and unpaid leave of absence in times of personal needs. An employee who is absent more than four consecutive days must contact the Risk Management Department to apply for a leave of absence. Purpose of notification is to determine eligibility, type of leave, extent of leave, monitor leave compliance and return to work process.
For assistance or general information you may contact Tracy Serna; 554-8668,
(if last name is A-L) or Monica Torres; 554-8671,
(if last name isi M-Z).
Types of Leaves
- Health and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Workers' Compensation Benefits
- Sick Leave Bank
- Jury Duty
Property & Casualty Claim Reporting - 554-8540
- Property - Loss or Damage to District owned property
- General Liability - General public/students/volunteers personal injury or property damage and employee personal property damage
- Auto - District owned, hired and non-owned
- Student Accident - District covers UIL Sports and sponsored activities
Watch for unauthorized visitors to campus - no solicitation!
- No Solicitation Letter
- SAISD Board Policy DEC Local
- SAISD Board Policy DEC Legal