San Antonio Independent School District
News & Features
- 2014-15 Instructional Calendar
- Coming Attractions - February 28, 2014
- Insider - February 27, 2014
- Board Highlights - February 2014
- SAISD announces Teachers of the Year
- P16Plus and SAISD proclaim: SA Kids Attend to Win (PSAs)
- Helpful tips for applying for college financial aid. Now's the time to apply!
Sam Houston Basketball at State
Congratulations to the Sam Houston boys basketball team. The Hurricanes ended their storybook season at the UIL State tournament when bowing to Dallas Madison 77-62 March 6. Sam Houston was one of the Top 4 teams in Texas this season in Class 3A.
Lanier HS SkillsUSA Zero Tolerance
Lanier HS SkillsUSA criminal justice students present their substance-free “Zero Tolerance” project to law enforcement agents during Alamo Area Council of Governments training.
Connell MS the Alamo anniversary
History comes to life for Connell MS students through a presentation by teacher Martin Vasquez, suited as a 19th century Mexican soldier for the fall of the Alamo anniversary.
Mission Academy robotics students and their teacher Michael Blackmon show off their robots, which placed sixth and seventh at the recent FIRST Regional Competition.
Sam Houston ROTC
Their precision moves earned the Sam Houston HS Hurricane Storm Color Guard first place at the Ysleta ISD Amigo Drill Meet, where they bested teams from four states.
Maverick ES planting shrubs and trees
Maverick ES music teacher Paul Perea is joined by students and their parents in planting shrubs and trees on campus, financed through prize money won in a recycling contest.
DeZavala Read Across America
De Zavala ES students are treated to a performance that includes dances and skits March 3 in observance of Read Across America, which celebrates Dr. Seuss' March 2 birthday and aims to foster a love of reading.
YWLA SAWHOF partnership
Chris Alderete (left), president of the San Antonio Women's Hall of Fame, speaks with Young Women's Leadership Academy students March 3, when the women's organization announced a new partnership with the school, which will include scholarships and mentor opportunities for the students.
Sarah King ES Read Across America
While visiting Sarah King ES in celebration of Read Across America Week, Dr. Seuss characters assist students at lunchtime. Thing I lent a helping hand by opening milk cartons.
Longfellow MS AVID UT at UT-Austin
Longfellow MS AVID students check out their higher education options by participating in Explore UT at UT-Austin, the state’s biggest open house for prospective Longhorns.
Beacon Hill ES Read Across America
Beacon Hill ES students adorn themselves in hats they made in honor of a visit from Dr. Seuss characters including Thing 2 for Read Across America Week.
Travis ECHS University of Texas at Austin
Travis ECHS students embarked on a college exploration trip to the University of Texas at Austin on March 1 thanks to the GEAR UP college readiness program, which serves all of the District’s 9th-graders. As an early college high school, Travis puts students on the fast-track to college.
|Previous||Hover over image above with your cursor
to pause photo frame.
EXPLORE SAISD More>>
UPCOMING EVENTS More>>
- March 03 - March 06 | 05:20 PM Free family fitness classes
- March 04 - March 07 Head Start 2014 Application Event
- March 07 | 11:00 AM Pre-spring break food drive
- March 07 | 03:00 PM Community health fair
- March 10 - March 14 Holiday - Spring Break
- March 26 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- March 29 | 08:30 AM Run 4Education
- April 18 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- April 30 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- May 26 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 Last Day of School
- August 13 - August 15 Staff Development
- August 18 - August 19 Teacher Workdays
- August 20 - August 22 Staff Development
- August 25 First Day of School
- September 01 Holiday - Labor Day