San Antonio Independent School District
News & Features
- While supplies last: award-winning student holiday cards for sale
- Ag in the City at Burbank HS video
- Coming Attractions - Nov. 22, 2013
- Board Highlights - November 2013
- Insider - November 21, 2013
- Take a look at the new Neal School Park
- Scrabble spells out fun learning for SAISD wordsmiths
- SAISD launches mobile app: Get it now!
- Flu Prevention Tips
- Coding comes to Highlands HS via 80/20 Foundation
- Application timeline change for SAISD charter schools
- Check out SAISD Magnets; Applications now accepted
A Schenck ES teacher sorts through donations the staff collected for one of the school's families that lost all of its possessions in a fire just before Thanksgiving. A Foster ES family also was impacted by the fire; the school is collecting items.
The Jefferson HS International Thespian Society participated in the 2013 Texas Thespian Festival in Dallas in November. Students took part in acting and technical workshops. Some won awards and others auditioned for different university theatre programs.
Rogers cafeteria bond project
Bond 2010 renovations are underway at a number of campuses in the District, including Rogers ES, where construction of a new, larger cafeteria is underway (pictured here) and work on a new main building is up next.
Travis ECHS “Make A Difference” Campaign
Travis ECHS’ “Make A Difference” Campaign concluded with 1,322 food items collected for the Salvation Army. Students pictured here each donated 20 or more items. Sophomores came in with the most donations at 434 items!
Ball and Schenck Elf Louise project
Ball and Schenck elementaries PALs members help make the season bright for needy children by wrapping gifts for them as part of the annual Elf Louise project.
Jefferson HS Jimenez Thanksgiving dinner
Expressing appreciation to Jefferson HS students for volunteering at the annual Jimenez Thanksgiving dinner is Patricia Jimenez. The tradition was started by her father, the late Raul Jimenez.
Orthodontist Hulme Maverick ES
Orthodontist Dr. Richard D. Hulme presents a $400 check to Maverick ES principal Linda Nance in appreciation of the school’s participation in Operation Gratitude, which sends candy to U.S. troops.
Ogden ES Lion Roar Club
Ogden ES Lion’s Roar Club members observe Thanksgiving with venison after learning this was one of the meats served more than 400 years ago at the first feast.
Jefferson HS University of Texas at Austin
Jefferson HS architecture magnet program students and coordinator David Garcia (left) check out higher education options at the University of Texas at Austin.
Barkley-Ruiz ES Native Americans
Barkley-Ruiz ES 4th-graders use costume and props on Nov. 22 portraying Native Americans in scenes depicting the culture and living conditions during the early years of this country.
Junior Achievement at Huppertz
A volunteer from H-E-B's corporate office on Nov. 22 teaches Huppertz ES students as part of Junior Achievement in a Day, which includes age-appropriate interactive lessons in financial literacy, entrepreneurship and workforce readiness.
Lanier GEAR UP at OLLU
Lanier HS students who participated in a National Association of Women Business Owners conference at Our Lady of the Lake University sponsored are pictured here.
|Previous||Hover over image above with your cursor
to pause photo frame.
EXPLORE SAISD More>>
UPCOMING EVENTS More>>
- December 05 | 05:30 PM ‘Ah, Shucks! It’s a Tamalada celebration
- December 05 | 06:00 PM Police Explorers induction ceremony
- December 05 | 07:00 PM 'Come Through in the Clutch' seminar
- December 06 | 01:00 PM Click! Takata Safety Program
- December 23 - January 03 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 - March 14 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 Last Day of School