News & Features
- SAISD to open second early college high school
- What will our new early college high school offer? This video explains it.
- Watch the new SAISD video that perfectly captures who we are
- Coming Attractions - April 11, 2014
- Insider - April 10, 2014
- Summer School 2014 information for students and employees
- Bond 2010 update video - Cameron ES complete
- Spring Testing Schedule
- Get free help completing your financial aid application!
- SAISD Board approves new graduation plan
Brackenridge HS TV Dinner
Brackenridge HS student sculptors pose with their art installation titled “TV Dinner,” inspired by the issue of diabetes and on exhibit in the school’s foyer through May 1.
Head Start Parent Conference
Parents and Early Childhood Education Department staff attend the April 16 Head Start Parent Conference, designed to provide parents with the tools needed to be successful in their child's learning and development.
Hawthorne Academy SAISD Foundation
Thanks to supporters participating on their behalf in the Run 4 Education 5K, Hawthorne Academy has an additional $1,000. Hawthorne and Collins Garden ES both were rewarded for highest participation.
SAISD’s second Early College High School
Superintendent Dr. Sylvester Perez and Trustees Ed Garza and Art Valdez commemorate the approval of an MOU with Alamo Colleges for SAISD’s second Early College High School with a signing ceremony. The new school will open in August on the St. Philip’s campus.
Lowell MS Chess Team - Chess Invitational
Lowell MS Chess Team members show off medals and trophies earned as first place winners, middle school level, at the SAISD Chess Invitational.
Kenneth Betchel Jefferson HS alum
Kenneth Betchel, a Jefferson HS class of 2013 alum and U.S. Naval Academy cadet, speaks to the school’s JROTC cadets while at home on leave.
Wilson ES Team Up Challenge
The Spurs Coyote and Rampage mascot T-Bone are among those celebrating at Wilson ES. The Garden Club scored a $20,000 grant for their service learning project as one of five Team Up Challenge winners.
Spurs Coyote cheers at Bowden ES
The Spurs Coyote cheers on Bowden ES students in wishing them good luck on STAAR, the state test.
Jefferson HS UIL Theatre
The Jefferson HS cast of “Our Leading Lady” by Charles Busch advances to the Regional One-Act Play contest based upon success at the area event, including four individual honors.
Brackenridge HS UIL band
Brackenridge HS Mighty Eagle band members are all smiles after earning a UIL Sweepstakes Award for superior ratings in marching and concert/sight-reading.
De Zavala ES Roadrunner Chess Team
The De Zavala ES Roadrunner Chess Team and sponsors Robert Canizales and Yara Luna show off trophies including first place, elementary level, earned at the SAISD Chess Invitational.
City Year leads Burbank HS students
City Year’s Laura Finch leads Burbank HS students in “Lead Fraction Action,” part of Diplomas Now Viva Math Vegas Night activities at their school. The event provided fun math activities.
|Previous||Hover over image above with your cursor
to pause photo frame.
EXPLORE SAISD More>>
UPCOMING EVENTS More>>
- April 14 - April 17 | 05:20 PM Free family fitness classes
- April 17 | 02:00 PM Annual Fiesta Shoebox Float Parade
- April 17 | 06:15 PM Second Annual Pitch for the Cure
- April 18 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 21 - April 24 State Testing Dates
- April 25 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- April 30 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- May 05 - May 09 State Testing Dates
- May 12 - May 16 State Testing Dates
- May 26 Holiday - Memorial Day
- May 29 | 05:00 PM Rising Star New Teacher Award Ceremony
- June 05 Last Day of School
- June 05 | 06:30 PM Lanier High School graduation ceremony
- June 06 Teacher Workday/Bad Weather Day Make-up Day
- June 06 | 05:00 PM Edison High School graduation ceremony
- June 06 | 08:30 PM Jefferson High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 | 10:00 AM Houston High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 | 02:00 PM YWLA graduation ceremony
- June 07 | 05:00 PM Fox Tech High School graduation ceremony
- June 08 | 01:00 PM Highlands High School graduation ceremony