AcademicsSAISD’s century-old legacy of setting high standards for all is as deeply rooted as is our commitment to continuing that proud tradition for generations. Through personalized instruction, exciting real-world activities and the most effective teaching strategies, SAISD instills students with the knowledge and skills necessary to become successful citizens.
We offer parents true school choice in selecting the type of academic environment that best fits their child’s unique learning style. Parents may choose from a more traditional setting, magnet programs and internal charters that specialize in a particular theme or subject matter. Our approximately 55,000 students attend:
- Eight traditional high schools, grades 9-12
- Two specialized college-preparatory schools
- 14 middle schools, grades 6-8, including four internal charter
- 52 elementaries, grades pre-kinder through 5, including three
internal charter academies
- Nine pre-kinder to grade 6 or 8 academies, including five
- Four non-traditional schools
- 13 secondary schools hosting magnet programs
To transform SAISD into a national model urban school district where every child graduates and is educated so that he or she is prepared to be a contributing member of the community.
Our primary purpose of improving lives through a quality education is driven by an unrelenting determination to graduate all of our students and prepare them for success in higher education. Our ideology is reflected in our fundamental beliefs, commitments and core values that guide us in our daily practices.
- Student Centered
- High Expectations
- Every student can learn and achieve at high levels.
- We are responsible for the education and safety of every student.
- We are responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the school system.
- Everyone should be treated with respect.
- People support what they help create.