Coming Attractions July 23, 2010
Ongoing — Head Start program registration
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Head Start main office, 463 Holmgreen Road, building E
While space is still available, enrollment is being held for parents of children eligible for Head Start who have not yet completed an application packet. To qualify, children must be 3 or 4 on or before Sept. 1, and also meet at least one of the following criteria: unable to speak and comprehend the English language; be economically disadvantaged; the child of a parent who was killed or injured while on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces; is or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family Protective Services; and/or homeless.
These are just a sample, and may be subject to change. Parents are asked to contact their child’s school for more information.
Ongoing thru July 30 — STEM Academy
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the University of Texas at San Antonio, One UTSA Circle
Thirty 9th-graders from the Young Women’s Leadership Academy will explore careers in biotechnology and advanced technologies through lessons in gene expression and gene targeting. They also will study how solar energy and nanotechnology could contribute to a new green economy.
Ongoing thru July 30 — PREP 2010
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at nine area colleges
Sixth through 9th graders from SAISD’s Young Women’s Leadership Academy are improving their abstract reasoning and problem-solving skills in preparation of careers in mathematics, science, technology or engineering through participation in PREP, the San Antonio Pre-freshman Engineering Program.
Ongoing thru Aug. 6 — San Antonio Summer Youth Program
7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays at 12 District schools
Sponsored by SAISD and the San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department, this program provides supervised recreational opportunities.
* NOTE TO MEDIA – Please contact the SAISD Communications Department to coordinate coverage.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 06 20 | 01:00 PM Click! Takata Safety Program
- December 09 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- December 11 20 | 04:45 PM Eagle band to serenade King William Historic Distr...
- December 12 20 | 09:00 AM Mock arrest warrant issued for Santa Claus
- December 12 20 | 06:00 PM Taste of the Season
- December 13 20 | 01:00 PM Toy giveaway
- December 14 20 | 09:00 AM Twentieth-annual mock trial of Santa Claus
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School