Coming Attractions July 23, 2010
Ongoing — Head Start program registration
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Head Start main office, 463 Holmgreen Road, building E
While space is still available, enrollment is being held for parents of children eligible for Head Start who have not yet completed an application packet. To qualify, children must be 3 or 4 on or before Sept. 1, and also meet at least one of the following criteria: unable to speak and comprehend the English language; be economically disadvantaged; the child of a parent who was killed or injured while on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces; is or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family Protective Services; and/or homeless.
These are just a sample, and may be subject to change. Parents are asked to contact their child’s school for more information.
Ongoing thru July 30 — STEM Academy
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the University of Texas at San Antonio, One UTSA Circle
Thirty 9th-graders from the Young Women’s Leadership Academy will explore careers in biotechnology and advanced technologies through lessons in gene expression and gene targeting. They also will study how solar energy and nanotechnology could contribute to a new green economy.
Ongoing thru July 30 — PREP 2010
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at nine area colleges
Sixth through 9th graders from SAISD’s Young Women’s Leadership Academy are improving their abstract reasoning and problem-solving skills in preparation of careers in mathematics, science, technology or engineering through participation in PREP, the San Antonio Pre-freshman Engineering Program.
Ongoing thru Aug. 6 — San Antonio Summer Youth Program
7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays at 12 District schools
Sponsored by SAISD and the San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department, this program provides supervised recreational opportunities.
* NOTE TO MEDIA – Please contact the SAISD Communications Department to coordinate coverage.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- May 17 20 | 10:00 AM San Antonio Fire Department S.A.F.E. House demonst...
- May 17 20 | 10:00 AM Drawing to treat perfect attendance student to Tay...
- May 18 20 | 09:00 AM PTA LOT
- May 18 20 | 09:00 AM Go Green Club craft, art and rummage sale
- May 18 20 | 12:30 PM Middle School UIL awards ceremony
- May 20 20 | 09:00 AM Parent room grand opening
- May 20 20 | 09:00 AM Career Day
- May 20 20 | 10:00 AM Edison High School to hold Mock Disater Drill
- May 20 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- May 21 20 | 10:00 AM Excellence in Education news conference
- May 22 20 | 05:00 PM 2013 Art Showcase
- May 22 20 | 06:30 PM SAISD Night of Champions
- May 25 20 | 08:00 AM SAISD Elementary and Secondary Teacher Job Fair
- May 25 20 | 09:00 AM PTA Officer’s Training
- May 27 20 Student Holiday/Staff Development/Teacher Prof Tim...
- May 28 20 | 06:30 PM PTA 7th Regular Meeting
- June 07 20 Last Day of School/End of 4th Nine Weeks
- June 07 20 | 05:00 PM Fox Tech High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 08:00 PM Highlands High School graduation ceremony
- June 08 20 | 11:00 AM Sam Houston High School graduation ceremony