Coming Attractions August 6, 2010
11 a.m. to noon at the Architecture Foundation of San Antonio, 200 E. Grayson St., suite 100
Aspiring architects from Jefferson and Lanier will be among those presenting projects to show professionals the types of work high school students are doing, and also to promote architecture as a career choice for other teens. The workshop’s theme is “How Design Improves Our City.”
Aug. 7 (Sat) — Robert Horry Basketball Camp
Noon to 4 p.m. at the Lanier High School Alumni Center, 1514 W. Durango Blvd.
The former San Antonio Spur forward - known as “Big Shot Bob” for his famed clutch three-pointers - and 14 Central Texas coaches will teach not only basketball skills, but leadership and character building as well to up to 200 middle and high school boys and girls. Camp sponsors are Pepsi and Walmart. Currently an ESPN commentator, Horry retired after 16 years in the NBA during which he was one of only nine players to win at least seven championships. He collected his seventh as a Spur in 2007.
Aug. 9-13 — Registration for 2010-11 school year
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at all SAISD schools
8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Aug. 10 (Tues) ONLY at all SAISD schools
All new and returning students to the District need to register at the school they will attend. Recommended days are Aug. 9-12, with Friday, Aug. 13, to serve as a make-up day. Tuesday’s registration time will be extended into the evening for the convenience of parents who work during regular business hours. The first day of classes for all SAISD students is Monday, Aug. 23.
Aug. 14 (Sat) — Family Fitness Challenge and Wellness Fair
9 a.m. to noon at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
Services will include diabetes, cholesterol and other screenings, CPR training, body mass index measurements, Zumba dance exhibitions, classes on cooking and nutrition. Back-to-school information and supplies also will be available.
--- SAISD ---
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- May 18 20 | 09:00 AM PTA LOT
- May 18 20 | 09:00 AM Go Green Club craft, art and rummage sale
- May 18 20 | 12:30 PM Middle School UIL awards ceremony
- May 20 20 | 09:00 AM Parent room grand opening
- May 20 20 | 09:00 AM Career Day
- May 20 20 | 10:00 AM Edison High School to hold Mock Disater Drill
- May 20 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- May 21 20 | 10:00 AM Excellence in Education news conference
- May 22 20 | 05:00 PM 2013 Art Showcase
- May 22 20 | 06:30 PM SAISD Night of Champions
- May 25 20 | 08:00 AM SAISD Elementary and Secondary Teacher Job Fair
- May 25 20 | 09:00 AM PTA Officer’s Training
- May 27 20 Student Holiday/Staff Development/Teacher Prof Tim...
- May 28 20 | 06:30 PM PTA 7th Regular Meeting
- June 07 20 Last Day of School/End of 4th Nine Weeks
- June 07 20 | 05:00 PM Fox Tech High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 08:00 PM Highlands High School graduation ceremony
- June 08 20 | 11:00 AM Sam Houston High School graduation ceremony
- June 09 20 | 02:00 PM Jefferson High School graduation ceremony
- June 09 20 | 05:30 PM Lanier High School graduation ceremony