Coming Attractions August 6, 2010
11 a.m. to noon at the Architecture Foundation of San Antonio, 200 E. Grayson St., suite 100
Aspiring architects from Jefferson and Lanier will be among those presenting projects to show professionals the types of work high school students are doing, and also to promote architecture as a career choice for other teens. The workshop’s theme is “How Design Improves Our City.”
Aug. 7 (Sat) — Robert Horry Basketball Camp
Noon to 4 p.m. at the Lanier High School Alumni Center, 1514 W. Durango Blvd.
The former San Antonio Spur forward - known as “Big Shot Bob” for his famed clutch three-pointers - and 14 Central Texas coaches will teach not only basketball skills, but leadership and character building as well to up to 200 middle and high school boys and girls. Camp sponsors are Pepsi and Walmart. Currently an ESPN commentator, Horry retired after 16 years in the NBA during which he was one of only nine players to win at least seven championships. He collected his seventh as a Spur in 2007.
Aug. 9-13 — Registration for 2010-11 school year
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at all SAISD schools
8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Aug. 10 (Tues) ONLY at all SAISD schools
All new and returning students to the District need to register at the school they will attend. Recommended days are Aug. 9-12, with Friday, Aug. 13, to serve as a make-up day. Tuesday’s registration time will be extended into the evening for the convenience of parents who work during regular business hours. The first day of classes for all SAISD students is Monday, Aug. 23.
Aug. 14 (Sat) — Family Fitness Challenge and Wellness Fair
9 a.m. to noon at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
Services will include diabetes, cholesterol and other screenings, CPR training, body mass index measurements, Zumba dance exhibitions, classes on cooking and nutrition. Back-to-school information and supplies also will be available.
--- SAISD ---
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 05 20 | 05:30 PM ‘Ah, Shucks! It’s a Tamalada celebration
- December 05 20 | 06:00 PM Police Explorers induction ceremony
- December 05 20 | 07:00 PM 'Come Through in the Clutch' seminar
- December 06 20 | 01:00 PM Click! Takata Safety Program
- December 09 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- December 11 20 | 04:45 PM Eagle band to serenade King William Historic Distr...
- December 12 20 | 09:00 AM Mock arrest warrant issued for Santa Claus
- December 12 20 | 06:00 PM Taste of the Season
- December 13 20 | 01:00 PM Toy giveaway
- December 14 20 | 09:00 AM Twentieth-annual mock trial of Santa Claus
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School