Coming Attractions August 20, 2010
Aug. 23 (Mon) — PTA to provide parents breakfast on the go
7:15 to 8:30 a.m. at Franklin Elementary School, 1915 W. Olmos Drive
Parents dropping off their children for the first day of classes will have a treat awaiting them in front of the school where PTA members will serve coffee and donuts.
Aug. 23 (Mon) — Back-to-school ‘We Hold the Key’ rally and parade
8 a.m. at Cameron Elementary School, 3635 Belgium Lane
Students will hold keys to symbolize that they – in partnership with their teachers and a quality education – have the means to unlock doors opening to lifelong success. In addition to inspiring everyone to get excited about the new school year, the parade and rally will serve as visible reminders to teachers that their influence upon students represents the ways educators hold the keys to the world’s destiny.
Aug 23 (Mon) — Budget and tax rate public hearing
5:30 p.m. at the Burnett Center, 406 Barrera St.
Public input is sought on the proposed $474 million budget and $1.27 per $100 valuation tax rate for 2010-11. Trustees are scheduled to take action on both at the Aug. 30 School Board meeting.
Aug. 25 (Wed) — Sen. John Cornyn to speak on wellness
1:45 p.m. at Woodlawn Elementary School, 1717 W. Magnolia Ave.
The United States senator representing Texas will speak to 3rd-graders about the importance of healthy living and developing proper eating habits.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 12 20 | 09:00 AM Mock arrest warrant issued for Santa Claus
- December 12 20 | 06:00 PM Taste of the Season
- December 14 20 | 09:00 AM Twentieth-annual mock trial of Santa Claus
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School