Coming Attractions August 27, 2010
7 p.m. at Esplanade Gardens, 10790 Toepperwein Road
A fashion show of clothing inspired by the 1940s and ‘50s will include designs created by students enrolled in SAISD’s Jefferson High School Fine Arts Magnet Academy. Tickets are $40 per person, and proceeds will benefit the Alamo Honor Flight, a non-profit organization formed to pay tribute to America's veterans for all their sacrifices.
Aug. 30 (Mon) — School supply distribution
1 p.m. at Graebner Elementary School, 530 Hoover St.
Students will be able to start the school year well-equipped for learning, courtesy of supplies donated by the Ladies Auxiliary of VFW Post 76.
Aug. 31 (Tues) — ‘Excellence in Education’ news conference
10 a.m. at Harris Middle School, 325 Pruitt Ave.
Carri Baker Wells, SAISD Foundation for Excellence in Education board chairman, will announce that educators from 15 District schools will receive a total of nearly $44,000 in grants. Dr. Victor Rodriguez, who retired from the District after 12 years as superintendent, will speak on the contributions of the late State District Judge the Honorable Andy Mireles and his wife Margaret. Both served as SAISD Trustees and as foundation board members. Grants awarded to the two District 6 schools will be presented in their honor. Following the news conference, the winning educators will be notified through surprise visits to their classrooms.
Sept. 3 (Fri) — First Friday opening exhibit to include SAISD student photos
6 to 9 p.m. at SAY SÍ, 1518 S. Alamo St.
The works of young photographers from a dozen District schools will be among those displayed for “San Antonio Lost ● San Antonio Found.” Photos for the exhibition - being held during Southtown’s monthly First Friday arts festival and in conjunction with FotoSeptiembre – were taken at non-traditional locations to capture the true essence of the city’s traditions, trades and residents.
KSAT: Edison High School holds mock disaster drill
KABB: SAISD student becomes first to win national Scholastic All-Star award
Express-News: Jefferson's Lassos school team is tied to a proud school history
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- June 10 20 - June 28 20 | 07:30 AM Greater San Antonio All Stars summer enrichment
- June 10 20 - August 09 20 | 08:00 AM SA Youth Programs
- June 10 20 - June 21 20 | 08:30 AM SAISD summer musical theatre camp
- June 10 20 - August 09 20 | 10:00 AM SA Youth Programs
- June 11 20 - August 09 20 Seamless Summer Nutrition Program
- June 11 20 - June 28 20 | 09:00 AM Jump Start Your Summer AND GEAR UP for High School
- June 17 20 - August 09 20 | 07:30 AM Summer recreation
- June 17 20 - June 21 20 | 08:30 AM 4th Annual Alamo City Band Camp
- July 30 20 - July 31 20 | 08:00 AM Pre-K Registration schedule for 2013-14
- August 06 20 - August 09 20 Registration schedule for 2013-14
- August 14 20 - August 23 20 Staff Development Days
- August 19 20 - August 20 20 Teacher Workday
- August 26 20 First Day of School
- September 02 20 Holiday - Labor Day
- October 25 20 End of 1st Nine Weeks
- October 28 20 Start of 2nd Nine Weeks
- November 25 20 - November 29 20 Holiday - Thanksgiving Day
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day