Coming Attractions August 27, 2010
7 p.m. at Esplanade Gardens, 10790 Toepperwein Road
A fashion show of clothing inspired by the 1940s and ‘50s will include designs created by students enrolled in SAISD’s Jefferson High School Fine Arts Magnet Academy. Tickets are $40 per person, and proceeds will benefit the Alamo Honor Flight, a non-profit organization formed to pay tribute to America's veterans for all their sacrifices.
Aug. 30 (Mon) — School supply distribution
1 p.m. at Graebner Elementary School, 530 Hoover St.
Students will be able to start the school year well-equipped for learning, courtesy of supplies donated by the Ladies Auxiliary of VFW Post 76.
Aug. 31 (Tues) — ‘Excellence in Education’ news conference
10 a.m. at Harris Middle School, 325 Pruitt Ave.
Carri Baker Wells, SAISD Foundation for Excellence in Education board chairman, will announce that educators from 15 District schools will receive a total of nearly $44,000 in grants. Dr. Victor Rodriguez, who retired from the District after 12 years as superintendent, will speak on the contributions of the late State District Judge the Honorable Andy Mireles and his wife Margaret. Both served as SAISD Trustees and as foundation board members. Grants awarded to the two District 6 schools will be presented in their honor. Following the news conference, the winning educators will be notified through surprise visits to their classrooms.
Sept. 3 (Fri) — First Friday opening exhibit to include SAISD student photos
6 to 9 p.m. at SAY SÍ, 1518 S. Alamo St.
The works of young photographers from a dozen District schools will be among those displayed for “San Antonio Lost ● San Antonio Found.” Photos for the exhibition - being held during Southtown’s monthly First Friday arts festival and in conjunction with FotoSeptiembre – were taken at non-traditional locations to capture the true essence of the city’s traditions, trades and residents.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 11 20 | 04:45 PM Eagle band to serenade King William Historic Distr...
- December 12 20 | 09:00 AM Mock arrest warrant issued for Santa Claus
- December 12 20 | 06:00 PM Taste of the Season
- December 13 20 | 01:00 PM Toy giveaway
- December 14 20 | 09:00 AM Twentieth-annual mock trial of Santa Claus
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School