Coming Attractions September 3, 2010
September 3, 2010
Sept. 6 (Mon) — Labor Day holiday
All schools and most offices will be closed.
Sept. 8 (Wed) — ‘Making Connections’
3:30 p.m. at Maverick Elementary School, 107 Raleigh St. at Babcock Road
A San Antonio Public Library librarian will share information with parents about free online databases including help with homework.
Sept. 9 (Thurs) — ‘Curriculum Night’
6 to 8 p.m. at Travis Early College High School, 1915 N. Main Ave.
Parents of freshmen and sophomores are invited to meet teachers, learn about course curriculum, and also what is expected of their child at this school where students are immersed in a culture of higher education.
Sept. 10 (Fri) — Flag-raising ceremony in memory of 9/11
9 a.m. at Cotton Elementary School, 1616 Blanco Road
The Daughter's of the American Revolution will present the school with brand new, all-weather U.S. and Texas flags as students join patriots worldwide in pausing to honor the lives of those lost through terrorism on Sept. 11, 2001.
Sept. 11 (Sat) — Annual SAISD Fall Bilingual Symposium
7:00 a.m. to 12:35 p.m. at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
Keynote speaker will be University of Texas at El Paso associate professor Dr. Elena Izquierdo. Breakout sessions will be themed "From Random Acts of Improvement to Strategic, International & Explicit Teaching!"
--- SAISD ---
- KABB: Gardening project in partnership with UIW at Carroll ECEC
- Rivard Report: Inner City School Success: San Antonio’s Best-Kept Secret
- MySA: SAISD students sing for bus drivers
- WOAI: SAISD newly-appointed superintendent, "this is very heartfelt"
- KSAT: Edison High School holds mock disaster drill
- KABB: SAISD student becomes first to win national Scholastic All-Star award
- Express-News: Jefferson's Lassos school team is tied to a proud school history