Coming Attractions September 24, 2010
September 24, 2010
Sept. 25 (Sat) — SAISD students to perform at SA2020
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at YMCA Tripoint, 3233 N. St. Mary’s St.
The Brackenridge High School Mariachi Aguila and the Edison High School band will provide entertainment starting at 8:15 a.m. while participants register for this city-sponsored endeavor. Saturday’s event will launch a six-month, community-wide effort designed to help determine what kind of city San Antonio will be by the end of this decade.
Sept. 28 (Tues) — ‘The Heat is On!’ pep rally
6 p.m. at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave
Performances by the Mustang drumline, dance team, Lariats and more will motivate students from feeder Maverick Elementary to stay fired up about attendance and learning in order to repeat their school’s exemplary academic ranking. Joining in the pep rally will be District 7 Trustee Ed Garza, parents, school staff and representatives from Longfellow Middle School and Jefferson High School, the host campus.
Sept. 28 (Tues) — SAISD Council of PTAs general meeting
6:30 p.m. at Davis Middle School, E. Houston St.
The public is invited to meetings of PTA chapter representatives Districtwide.
Sept. 29 (Wed) — Magnet School Fair
5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Alamo Convocation Center, 110 Tuleta St.
Fifth- and 8th-graders from throughout Bexar County are invited to learn about educational options provided through Magnet programs which are offered at eight SAISD high schools and four middle schools.
Sept. 29 (Wed) — Alta Vista Neighborhood Association meeting
7 p.m. at Twain Middle School, 2411 San Pedro Ave.
Superintendent Dr. Robert J. Durón and School Board Assistant Secretary Olga Hernandez, who represents this District 6 area, will present an overview on SAISD’s bond proposal that voters will decide Nov. 2.
Sept. 30 (Thurs) — SAISD employee’s design featured at ‘Celebrando Estilo’
7:45 p.m. at La Villita Assembly Hall, 418 Villita St.
A gown created by Steele Elementary home support liaison Roger Martinez has been chosen for the grand finale for this runway show featuring clothing the late singer and style icon Selena Quintanilla-Pérez might have designed. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for an art exhibit and mixer.
--- SAISD ---
- March 03 20 - March 06 20 | 05:20 PM Free family fitness classes
- March 04 20 - March 07 20 Head Start 2014 Application Event
- March 07 20 | 11:00 AM Pre-spring break food drive
- March 07 20 | 03:00 PM Community health fair
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- March 26 20 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- March 29 20 | 08:30 AM Run 4Education
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- April 30 20 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School