Coming Attractions September 24, 2010
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at YMCA Tripoint, 3233 N. St. Mary’s St.
The Brackenridge High School Mariachi Aguila and the Edison High School band will provide entertainment starting at 8:15 a.m. while participants register for this city-sponsored endeavor. Saturday’s event will launch a six-month, community-wide effort designed to help determine what kind of city San Antonio will be by the end of this decade.
Sept. 28 (Tues) — ‘The Heat is On!’ pep rally
6 p.m. at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave
Performances by the Mustang drumline, dance team, Lariats and more will motivate students from feeder Maverick Elementary to stay fired up about attendance and learning in order to repeat their school’s exemplary academic ranking. Joining in the pep rally will be District 7 Trustee Ed Garza, parents, school staff and representatives from Longfellow Middle School and Jefferson High School, the host campus.
Sept. 28 (Tues) — SAISD Council of PTAs general meeting
6:30 p.m. at Davis Middle School, E. Houston St.
The public is invited to meetings of PTA chapter representatives Districtwide.
Sept. 29 (Wed) — Magnet School Fair
5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Alamo Convocation Center, 110 Tuleta St.
Fifth- and 8th-graders from throughout Bexar County are invited to learn about educational options provided through Magnet programs which are offered at eight SAISD high schools and four middle schools.
Sept. 29 (Wed) — Alta Vista Neighborhood Association meeting
7 p.m. at Twain Middle School, 2411 San Pedro Ave.
Superintendent Dr. Robert J. Durón and School Board Assistant Secretary Olga Hernandez, who represents this District 6 area, will present an overview on SAISD’s bond proposal that voters will decide Nov. 2.
Sept. 30 (Thurs) — SAISD employee’s design featured at ‘Celebrando Estilo’
7:45 p.m. at La Villita Assembly Hall, 418 Villita St.
A gown created by Steele Elementary home support liaison Roger Martinez has been chosen for the grand finale for this runway show featuring clothing the late singer and style icon Selena Quintanilla-Pérez might have designed. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for an art exhibit and mixer.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- May 18 20 | 09:00 AM PTA LOT
- May 18 20 | 09:00 AM Go Green Club craft, art and rummage sale
- May 18 20 | 12:30 PM Middle School UIL awards ceremony
- May 20 20 | 09:00 AM Parent room grand opening
- May 20 20 | 09:00 AM Career Day
- May 20 20 | 10:00 AM Edison High School to hold Mock Disater Drill
- May 20 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- May 21 20 | 10:00 AM Excellence in Education news conference
- May 22 20 | 05:00 PM 2013 Art Showcase
- May 22 20 | 06:30 PM SAISD Night of Champions
- May 25 20 | 08:00 AM SAISD Elementary and Secondary Teacher Job Fair
- May 25 20 | 09:00 AM PTA Officer’s Training
- May 27 20 Student Holiday/Staff Development/Teacher Prof Tim...
- May 28 20 | 06:30 PM PTA 7th Regular Meeting
- June 07 20 Last Day of School/End of 4th Nine Weeks
- June 07 20 | 05:00 PM Fox Tech High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 08:00 PM Highlands High School graduation ceremony
- June 08 20 | 11:00 AM Sam Houston High School graduation ceremony
- June 09 20 | 02:00 PM Jefferson High School graduation ceremony
- June 09 20 | 05:30 PM Lanier High School graduation ceremony