Coming Attractions September 17, 2010
Sept. 20 (Mon) — School Board meeting
5:30 p.m. at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
Sept. 21 (Tues) — Citywide book drive rally
9 a.m. at Twain Middle School, 2411 San Pedro Ave.
District 125 State Rep. Joaquin Castro will be joined by SAISD Superintendent Dr. Robert J. Durón and other civic leaders in promoting literacy. This is the sixth consecutive year that Representative Castro has sponsored the book drive.
Sept. 23 (Thurs) — Community health fair
3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Mission Academy, 9210 S. Presa St.
A variety of service providers and other agencies will be available including the Children’s Shelter, the Family Services of San Antonio, Girls, Inc., Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, the Pregnancy Care Center, San Antonio Food Bank, and the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center. H-E-B Pharmacy will provide flu shots at a cost of $20.
Sept. 23 (Thurs) — Learning Luau
6 p.m. at Madison Elementary School, 2900 W. Woodlawn Ave.
Parents and their children will participate in a variety of fun math, reading, science and technology activities they also can do together at home. Additionally, the evening will include an overview on SAISD’s $515 million bond proposal that voters will decide Nov. 2.
- KABB: Gardening project in partnership with UIW at Carroll ECEC
- Rivard Report: Inner City School Success: San Antonio’s Best-Kept Secret
- MySA: SAISD students sing for bus drivers
- WOAI: SAISD newly-appointed superintendent, "this is very heartfelt"
- KSAT: Edison High School holds mock disaster drill
- KABB: SAISD student becomes first to win national Scholastic All-Star award
- Express-News: Jefferson's Lassos school team is tied to a proud school history