Coming Attractions October 29, 2010
Oct. 30 (Sat) — ‘Passport to Social Studies’ conference
8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, 400 E. Market St.
Keynote address will be delivered by author and former middle school teacher and adjunct professor Eric Jensen best known for his “brain-based” learning approach who will speak at 8:45 a.m. The 10th-annual conference to include sessions, hands-on interactive lessons and exhibits, is sponsored by the SAISD’s Department of Social Studies.
Nov. 2 (Tues) — Election Day
7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at various locations
Among the items on the ballot for District voters is SAISD Bond 2010. If approved, the bond would fund upgrades and improvements for schools across the District. For voting information visit:http://www.co.bexar.tx.us/elections.
Nov. 6 (Sat) — Chili Bowl Gala
5:30 p.m. at Exposition Hall at the Freeman, 3201 E. Houston St.
The community is invited to join alumni from SAISD’s Fox Tech and Lanier high schools for an evening of festivities including auctions, dinner and dancing. Masters of ceremony will be former State Board of Education member Dr. Joe Bernal and University of Texas at San Antonio President Dr. Ricardo Romo, graduates of Lanier and Fox Tech, respectively. Proceeds will be used to establish scholarships for their alma maters, and to benefit Tech’s new Health Professions Magnet Program. The gala – intended to be an annual event – was established to keep alive the spirit of the beloved Chili Bowl. This 67-year football rivalry ended in 2009 as part of Tech’s transitions into a stand-alone Magnet high school. In addition to Health Professions, the school also has the established Law and Research Magnet. Tickets are $30 per person. For more information visit www.chilibowl.org.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 11 20 | 04:45 PM Eagle band to serenade King William Historic Distr...
- December 12 20 | 09:00 AM Mock arrest warrant issued for Santa Claus
- December 12 20 | 06:00 PM Taste of the Season
- December 13 20 | 01:00 PM Toy giveaway
- December 14 20 | 09:00 AM Twentieth-annual mock trial of Santa Claus
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School