Apply online for 2018-19 school year at https://saisdchoice.com/.
Phase I Restructuring Implementation
Voters Approve $515 Million Bond Proposal
Voters on November 2, 2010 approved a $515 million bond that will allow the San Antonio Independent School District to make much-needed upgrades and renovations to schools across the District.
Of the 38,332 people who voted on the bond, 66.25 percent cast yes votes.
“We are very appreciative and thankful to all the voters who cast their ballots and supported our schools,” said Superintendent Robert J. Durón. “The passage of this bond means that we can upgrade and renovate schools across the district – and provide our students with the quality learning environment and educational offerings they need and deserve.”
The bond will fund improvements in the following seven areas:
• Safety and security upgrades at 68 campuses
• New computers and related hardware at 68 campuses
• Extensive renovations to 22 schools – 14 fully updated to modern facilities
• New or upgraded facilities for all high school career programs and career technology labs at middle schools
• Playground equipment at 48 primary schools and all-weather track resurfacing and lighting at seven high schools
• Renovations to bring Alamo Stadium and the Convocation Center to a quality comparable to neighboring district stadiums
• Transportation efficiencies, including space for a bus transportation center, resulting in shorter bus travel distances
By implementing Phase I of the restructuring plan and consolidating five schools, SAISD would not only bring many schools up to standard, but the District would also generate total savings of $100 million over a 10-year period.
Property owners can expect to see the first bond-related tax increase in 2012 when the average homeowner will pay an additional $1.58 a month. The bond payments will peak in 2027, when the average homeowner will see a tax increase of $9.97 per month.
For more information on the list of projects covered under the bond and the potential impact on your property taxes, please visit the bond website at www.saisd.net/bond2010.