Coming Attractions January 28, 2011
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays, and 2 to 5 p.m. March 14 ONLY at
SAISD’s Department of Governmental & Community Relations, 141 Lavaca St.
Qualified citizens interested in running for School Board in Districts 2, 5, and 6 may now pick up packets. The filing period will run from Monday, Feb. 14 through Monday, March 14, and Election Day is Saturday, May 14.
Jan. 29 (Sat) — ‘BE COOL, PACK THE SCHOOL’ reward for Lanier High School students
10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Patio Ranch, 601 Patio Ranch Road W, Hunt, Texas
A wildlife biologist will treat freshmen with perfect attendance to a tour of the Hill Country ranch, highlighting many different species of animals from throughout the world. Science and math lessons will come to life by seeing how these subjects apply to situations such as energy flow, ecosystems, habitat resilience and wildlife management. The field trip is provided by the GAMER (Giving Americans Motivational Education for the Real World) program as part of the “BE COOL, PACK THE SCHOOL” perfect attendance campaign.
Jan. 29 (Sat) — SAISD School Board president honored
12:45 p.m. at the Luby’s Cafeteria Fiesta Room, 911 N. Main Ave.
James Howard, along with Mayor Julián Castro and District 2 Councilmember Ivy Taylor, will receive awards for Outstanding Leadership from the San Antonio Crime Coalition. The program starts at 11 a.m., with the awards ceremony scheduled for after the noon lunch break.
Jan. 29 (Sat) — ‘Rock Your Future’ GenTX FEST
2 to 4:30 p.m. at the Alamo Convocation Center, 110 Tuleta Drive
Ninth-graders can enjoy games and competing for prizes while learning how to prepare for college and hearing inspirational stories from other students. The event is sponsored by the college planning and career counseling service Rock Your Future.
Feb. 1 (Tues) — ‘BE COOL, PACK THE SCHOOL’ family dinner
5:30 p.m. at Page Middle School, 401 Berkshire Ave.
This event kicks off collaboration between the school’s Parent Partnership Program, the GAMER (Giving Americans Motivational Education for the Real World) program and United Way to promote perfect attendance. All students will be asked to sign a banner committing to staying in school and will receive a GAMER T-shirt.
Feb. 2 (Wed) — Citizens’ Oversight Committee organizational meeting
6 p .m. at the SAISD Central Office Board Room, 141 Lavaca St.
This will be the first meeting of this 24-member group appointed by District Trustees to monitor progress of SAISD Bond 2010. The committee will elect officers and draw for lengths of terms varying from 12 months, 18 months or two years.
Feb. 3 (Thurs) — Financial Aid Night
6:30 p.m. at Lanier High School, 1514 W. Durango Blvd
Representatives from Project STAY Inc. will present college-bound students and their parents information on the application process, entrance exams, financial aid and scholarships.
KSAT: Edison High School holds mock disaster drill
KABB: SAISD student becomes first to win national Scholastic All-Star award
Express-News: Jefferson's Lassos school team is tied to a proud school history
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- June 10 20 - June 28 20 | 07:30 AM Greater San Antonio All Stars summer enrichment
- June 10 20 - August 09 20 | 08:00 AM SA Youth Programs
- June 10 20 - June 21 20 | 08:30 AM SAISD summer musical theatre camp
- June 10 20 - August 09 20 | 10:00 AM SA Youth Programs
- June 11 20 - August 09 20 Seamless Summer Nutrition Program
- June 11 20 - June 28 20 | 09:00 AM Jump Start Your Summer AND GEAR UP for High School
- June 17 20 - August 09 20 | 07:30 AM Summer recreation
- June 17 20 - June 21 20 | 08:30 AM 4th Annual Alamo City Band Camp
- July 30 20 - July 31 20 | 08:00 AM Pre-K Registration schedule for 2013-14
- August 06 20 - August 09 20 Registration schedule for 2013-14
- August 14 20 - August 23 20 Staff Development Days
- August 19 20 - August 20 20 Teacher Workday
- August 26 20 First Day of School
- September 02 20 Holiday - Labor Day
- October 25 20 End of 1st Nine Weeks
- October 28 20 Start of 2nd Nine Weeks
- November 25 20 - November 29 20 Holiday - Thanksgiving Day
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day