Coming Attractions February 11, 2011
9 a.m. at Lanier High School, 1514 W. Durango Blvd
Awards will be presented to career and technology students who placed first and second in an earlier competition. They also will qualify for the state contest in Corpus Christi.
Feb. 14 (Mon) — School Board meeting
5:30 p.m. at Lanier High School, 1514 W. Durango Blvd.
Feb. 14-16 — ‘GAMER’ sponsors Scobee/SAC visit
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at San Antonio College, 1300 San Pedro Ave.
Thanks to the GAMER (Giving Americans Motivational Education for the Real World) program, students from SAISD’s Page Middle School will visit the planetarium and tour the college campus to encourage them to seek higher education.
Feb. 14-18 — ‘Black-Out Absences’ Campaign
Various times at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive at South St. Mary’s St.
Activities promoting attendance will be held throughout the week including public address announcements of the facts and statistics on the negative impact of absenteeism, a disc jockey presentation during all lunch periods and music with campaign messages, and the wearing of black clothes and decorating the school in this color. Between 2 and 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday, students will take “Black Out Absences” to the streets by visiting area businesses to distribute information and posters. The campaign is coordinated by the school’s DECA Club in partnership with 21 other student organizations to promote the positive correlations between good attendance and lifelong success in all areas of life.
Feb. 14 thru March 14 — Trustee filing period for May election
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays, and 2 to 5 p.m. March 14 ONLY at
SAISD’s Department of Governmental & Community Relations, 141 Lavaca St.
Qualified citizens interested in running for School Board in Districts 2, 5, and 6 may file for election and pick up packets. Election Day is Saturday, May 14.
Feb. 15 (Tues) — Radio Disney Black History Month visit
9 a.m. at Gates Elementary School, 510 Morningview Drive
Students will be treated to a reading of the pictorial biography “Martin’s Big Words: The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.” by a representative from the popular radio network Radio Disney AM 1160.
6 p.m. at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
This is the first of seven meetings to be held in all SAISD Trustee districts to provide the community with information on the progress and upcoming projects for the $515 million multiyear building improvement program voters approved in November. The meetings will be hosted by the School Board and SAISD bond team.
7 p.m. at the SAISD Sports Complex, 1000 Edwards St.
The Coach MaryAnn Villarreal Softball Complex will be dedicated in honor of the late Edison High School softball coach who lost her battle with breast cancer last year.
● Feb. 17 (Thurs) – 9 a.m. at Hawthorne Academy, 115 W. Josephine St.
● Feb. 18 (Fri) - 2 p.m. at Highland Hills Elementary School, 734 Glamis Ave.
Representatives from the popular radio network Radio Disney AM 1160 will present health and fitness tips.
6:30 p.m. at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive at South St. Mary’s St.
This annual event celebrates the founders of the national Parent-Teacher Association.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- May 17 20 | 10:00 AM San Antonio Fire Department S.A.F.E. House demonst...
- May 17 20 | 10:00 AM Drawing to treat perfect attendance student to Tay...
- May 18 20 | 09:00 AM PTA LOT
- May 18 20 | 09:00 AM Go Green Club craft, art and rummage sale
- May 18 20 | 12:30 PM Middle School UIL awards ceremony
- May 20 20 | 09:00 AM Parent room grand opening
- May 20 20 | 09:00 AM Career Day
- May 20 20 | 10:00 AM Edison High School to hold Mock Disater Drill
- May 20 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- May 21 20 | 10:00 AM Excellence in Education news conference
- May 22 20 | 05:00 PM 2013 Art Showcase
- May 22 20 | 06:30 PM SAISD Night of Champions
- May 25 20 | 08:00 AM SAISD Elementary and Secondary Teacher Job Fair
- May 25 20 | 09:00 AM PTA Officer’s Training
- May 27 20 Student Holiday/Staff Development/Teacher Prof Tim...
- May 28 20 | 06:30 PM PTA 7th Regular Meeting
- June 07 20 Last Day of School/End of 4th Nine Weeks
- June 07 20 | 05:00 PM Fox Tech High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 08:00 PM Highlands High School graduation ceremony
- June 08 20 | 11:00 AM Sam Houston High School graduation ceremony