Coming Attractions April 1, 2011
10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive
Area legislators, city council representatives and school board members will join educators, parents, students and community members in expressing their support for public education. Student performing groups will entertain, and refreshments will be served. Rally sponsors are the San Antonio Alliance, affiliated alliances and the Texas State Teachers Association.
April 5 (Tues) — Groundbreaking for energy-saving walking trail lighting
10:30 a.m. at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
District 5 Councilmember David Medina is sponsoring this ceremony for work that will provide an eco-friendly light source for a walking trail along the high school’s football field.
April 6 (Wed) — SAISD female Law Magnet students to attend Law Day luncheon
11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. at the Plaza Club (21st floor), 100 W. Houston St.
In preparation of this event sponsored by the Bexar County Women’s Bar Association, the participating Fox Tech High School Law Professions Magnet students submitted essays, photos and posters exploring this year’s Law Day theme of lawyers –past and present – who have promoted justice by defending unpopular clients. The winner will receive a cash prize and her work will be displayed at the luncheon. Keynote speaker will be renowned criminal attorney Cynthia Orr.
April 7-8 — Radio Disney wellness visits
Representatives from the popular radio network Radio Disney AM 1160 will present health and fitness tips on:
● April 7 (Thurs) - 9 a.m. at Maverick Elementary School, 107 Raleigh St.
● April 8 (Fri) – 2 p.m. at Storm Elementary School, 435 Brady Blvd.
KSAT: Edison High School holds mock disaster drill
KABB: SAISD student becomes first to win national Scholastic All-Star award
Express-News: Jefferson's Lassos school team is tied to a proud school history
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- June 10 20 - June 28 20 | 07:30 AM Greater San Antonio All Stars summer enrichment
- June 10 20 - August 09 20 | 08:00 AM SA Youth Programs
- June 10 20 - June 21 20 | 08:30 AM SAISD summer musical theatre camp
- June 10 20 - August 09 20 | 10:00 AM SA Youth Programs
- June 11 20 - August 09 20 Seamless Summer Nutrition Program
- June 11 20 - June 28 20 | 09:00 AM Jump Start Your Summer AND GEAR UP for High School
- June 17 20 - August 09 20 | 07:30 AM Summer recreation
- June 17 20 - June 21 20 | 08:30 AM 4th Annual Alamo City Band Camp
- June 17 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- July 30 20 - July 31 20 | 08:00 AM Pre-K Registration schedule for 2013-14
- August 06 20 - August 09 20 Registration schedule for 2013-14
- August 14 20 - August 23 20 Staff Development Days
- August 19 20 - August 20 20 Teacher Workday
- August 26 20 First Day of School
- September 02 20 Holiday - Labor Day
- October 25 20 End of 1st Nine Weeks
- October 28 20 Start of 2nd Nine Weeks
- November 25 20 - November 29 20 Holiday - Thanksgiving Day
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day