Coming Attractions April 1, 2011
10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive
Area legislators, city council representatives and school board members will join educators, parents, students and community members in expressing their support for public education. Student performing groups will entertain, and refreshments will be served. Rally sponsors are the San Antonio Alliance, affiliated alliances and the Texas State Teachers Association.
April 5 (Tues) — Groundbreaking for energy-saving walking trail lighting
10:30 a.m. at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
District 5 Councilmember David Medina is sponsoring this ceremony for work that will provide an eco-friendly light source for a walking trail along the high school’s football field.
April 6 (Wed) — SAISD female Law Magnet students to attend Law Day luncheon
11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. at the Plaza Club (21st floor), 100 W. Houston St.
In preparation of this event sponsored by the Bexar County Women’s Bar Association, the participating Fox Tech High School Law Professions Magnet students submitted essays, photos and posters exploring this year’s Law Day theme of lawyers –past and present – who have promoted justice by defending unpopular clients. The winner will receive a cash prize and her work will be displayed at the luncheon. Keynote speaker will be renowned criminal attorney Cynthia Orr.
April 7-8 — Radio Disney wellness visits
Representatives from the popular radio network Radio Disney AM 1160 will present health and fitness tips on:
● April 7 (Thurs) - 9 a.m. at Maverick Elementary School, 107 Raleigh St.
● April 8 (Fri) – 2 p.m. at Storm Elementary School, 435 Brady Blvd.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 12 20 | 09:00 AM Mock arrest warrant issued for Santa Claus
- December 12 20 | 06:00 PM Taste of the Season
- December 14 20 | 09:00 AM Twentieth-annual mock trial of Santa Claus
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School