Coming Attractions April 8, 2011
6:30 a.m. (departure) and 7:30 p.m. (ETA return) at Rhodes Middle School, 3000 Tampico St.
Approximately 25 8th-graders from groups including the National Junior Honor Society and Young Achievers Club for college-bound students will get a preview of higher education by visiting the University of Texas at Austin campus.
April 9 (Sat) — ‘Read and Lead’ students to read to soldiers
10 a.m. to noon at Fort Sam Houston’s Fisher House, Building 3622 on George C. Beach Road
Students from SAISD’s Cameron Elementary will show their support for convalescing patriots by reading to them at this facility near Brooke Army Medical Center.
April 9 (Sat) — Kids Day in the Park
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at San Pedro Springs Park purple zone, 1315 San Pedro Ave.
Participants will include SAISD’s Knox Early Childhood Education Center. Staff will be among 100-area community organizations providing information on early childhood education and development, while students and their families will enjoy games and other activities. Kids Day in the Park is in conjunction with the national Week of the Young Child.
April 11 (Mon) — Parade and visit from Miss Fiesta San Antonio
2 p.m. at Baskin Elementary School, 610 Crestview Drive at Babcock Road
Her majesty Lauren Holt and her court will be special guests for a parade featuring floats created by pre-kinder and kindergartners and their parents.
April 12 (Tues) — Radio Disney wellness visits
9 a.m. at Stewart Elementary School, 1950 Rigsby Ave.
Representatives from the popular radio network Radio Disney AM 1160 will present health and fitness tips.
April 12 (Tues) — Fire and police academies information sessions
7 p.m. at Edison High School, 701 Santa Monica Drive near Blanco Road
Incoming juniors and seniors from throughout Bexar County and their parents are invited to learn about the exciting educational opportunities offered through these new Magnets. Representatives from program sponsors San Antonio College, and the city’s departments of fire and police will be available to answer questions and provide information. The academies are two of five new SAISD high school Magnet programs opening this fall.
April 13 (Wed) — Tree planting
3:30 to 6 p.m. at Washington Elementary School, 1823 Nolan St.
Student Council members will be joined by parent and community volunteers in beautifying their campus and helping the environment by planting trees.
April 14 (Thurs) — TAKS pep rally
9 a.m. at Washington Elementary School, 1823 Nolan St.
The Spurs Coyote will cheer students on to Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills test success.
April 15 (Fri) — Battle of Flowers Parade Day
All District schools and most offices will be closed.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- June 10 20 - June 28 20 | 07:30 AM Greater San Antonio All Stars summer enrichment
- June 10 20 - August 09 20 | 08:00 AM SA Youth Programs
- June 10 20 - June 21 20 | 08:30 AM SAISD summer musical theatre camp
- June 10 20 - August 09 20 | 10:00 AM SA Youth Programs
- June 11 20 - August 09 20 Seamless Summer Nutrition Program
- June 11 20 - June 28 20 | 09:00 AM Jump Start Your Summer AND GEAR UP for High School
- June 17 20 - August 09 20 | 07:30 AM Summer recreation
- June 17 20 - June 21 20 | 08:30 AM 4th Annual Alamo City Band Camp
- July 30 20 - July 31 20 | 08:00 AM Pre-K Registration schedule for 2013-14
- August 06 20 - August 09 20 Registration schedule for 2013-14
- August 14 20 - August 23 20 Staff Development Days
- August 19 20 - August 20 20 Teacher Workday
- August 26 20 First Day of School
- September 02 20 Holiday - Labor Day
- October 25 20 End of 1st Nine Weeks
- October 28 20 Start of 2nd Nine Weeks
- November 25 20 - November 29 20 Holiday - Thanksgiving Day
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day