Coming Attractions September 2, 2011
Sept. 5 (Mon) — Labor Day holiday
All schools and most offices will be closed.
Sept. 6-8 — Ready, Set ….Bond community meetings
Patrons are invited to continue providing input to architects for master-planning efforts, as well as learn about the latest updates and begin discussions on the look and feel of their schools. The second in a series of community meetings for all 23 schools getting major renovations through SAISD Bond 2010 are being held throughout September. Upcoming meetings will be:
● Sept. 6 (Tues) - 6 p.m. at Bonham Academy, 925 S. St. Mary’s St.
● Sept. 6 (Tues) - 6 p.m. at Cotton Elementary School, 1616 Blanco Road
● Sept. 7 (Wed) - 6 p.m. at Woodlawn Elementary School, 1717 W. Magnolia Ave.
● Sept. 7 (Wed) - 6 p.m. at Rogers Elementary School, 620 McIlvaine St.
● Sept. 8 (Thurs) - 6 p.m. at Edison High School, 701 Santa Monica Drive
Sept. 9 (Fri) — Ceremony in observance of the 9/11 10-year anniversary
8:30 a.m. at Sarah King Elementary School, 1001 Ceralvo St.
Students holding small flags will gather around the flagpole to join others throughout the world in honoring the lives of those lost through terrorism on Sept. 11, 2001. After the flag is lowered to half staff, students will sing patriotic songs, pause for a nationwide moment of silence at 8:46 a.m. and then present thank you letters to firefighters invited to attend the ceremony.
Sept. 9 (Fri) — Frost Bank sponsors tailgate party
6:15 to 7:15 p.m. at the west gate entrance of Alamo Stadium, 110 Tuleta Drive
Frost Bank representatives will show their support by serving up Kiolbassa Sausage, hot dogs, iced tea and financial information from a tent set up for the Highlands High School Owls’ first home game of the 2011football season. This will be the second of two gridiron tailgate parties Frost is sponsoring in SAISD to honor schools participating in their bank academy program to teach teens about fiscal responsibility.
Sept. 10 (Sat) — SAISD Fall Bilingual Symposium
7 a.m. to 12:35 p.m. at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
Keynote speaker will be University of Texas at Austin associate professor Dr. Sylvia Linan-Thompson. Each year these symposiums are held for SAISD Bilingual/English as a Second Language educators.
- March 04 20 - March 07 20 Head Start 2014 Application Event
- March 07 20 | 11:00 AM Pre-spring break food drive
- March 07 20 | 03:00 PM Community health fair
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- March 12 20 | 01:30 PM Campus makeover and cookout
- March 17 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- March 19 20 | 05:30 PM Open house for all-new Cameron
- March 20 20 | 08:00 AM SAISD Foundation School Breakfast Showcase
- March 20 20 | 06:30 PM Community health fair
- March 26 20 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- March 29 20 | 08:30 AM Run 4Education
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- April 30 20 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School
- August 13 20 - August 15 20 Staff Development
- August 18 20 - August 19 20 Teacher Workdays
- August 20 20 - August 22 20 Staff Development
- August 25 20 First Day of School