Coming Attractions November 4, 2011
Nov. 5 (Sat) — Family Health and Wellness Fair
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive at South St. Mary’s Street
A variety of organizations will be available to provide information on healthy living. Fair sponsor is the SAISD Department of Early Childhood Education.
Nov. 5 (Sat) — Chile Bowl Gala
5:30 p.m. to midnight at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, 200 E. Market St.
The community is invited to join alumni from SAISD’s Fox Tech and Lanier high schools for an evening of festivities including auctions, dinner and dancing. Master of ceremonies will be independent marketing consultant Lionel Sosa, a 1957 Lanier graduate. Other distinguished alumni from both schools also will be honored, with proceeds funding scholarships for their alma maters. The gala was established last year to keep alive the spirit of the beloved Chili Bowl, a 67-year football rivalry that ended in 2009 as part of Tech’s transition into a stand-alone Magnet high school. Tickets are $40 per person. For more information visit www.chilebowl.org.
Nov. 10 (Thurs) — Ceremonies to honor veterans
SAISD students and staff will join others throughout the nationwide in honoring members of the armed forces. While ceremonies will vary by campus, many will pay their respects through flag raisings, flags displayed to represent each military branch, the playing of taps, honoring SAISD employees and community members who are veterans and special remembrances for prisoners of war and those missing in action. Among the observances for those who dedicated their lives for their country will be:
● 7:45 a.m. at Fox Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
● 8 a.m. at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
● 8:30 a.m. at Bowden Elementary School, 515 Willow St.
● 8:30 a.m. at Wilson Elementary School, 1421 Clower St.
● 9 a.m. at Hillcrest Elementary School, 211 W. Malone Ave.
● 10 a.m. at Lanier High School, 4 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd.
Nov. 11 (Fri) — Veterans Day
All schools and most offices will be closed.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 09 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- December 11 20 | 04:45 PM Eagle band to serenade King William Historic Distr...
- December 12 20 | 09:00 AM Mock arrest warrant issued for Santa Claus
- December 12 20 | 06:00 PM Taste of the Season
- December 13 20 | 01:00 PM Toy giveaway
- December 14 20 | 09:00 AM Twentieth-annual mock trial of Santa Claus
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School