Coming Attractions November 18, 2011
Nov. 21-25 — Thanksgiving holiday
All schools and most offices will be closed this week and will re-open Monday, Nov. 28.
Dec. 2 (Fri) — Mayoral visit
11 a.m. at Longfellow Middle School, 1130 E. Sunshine Drive
Mayor Julián Castro will speak to students about the importance of education.
Dec. 2 (Fri) — SAISD Council of PTAs general meeting
6:30 p.m. at Poe Middle School, 814 Aransas Ave.
The last regular monthly meeting of PTA chapter representatives for 2011 will feature holiday festivities.
Dec. 4 (Sun) — First Sunday for SAISD families
1 to 5 p.m. at the San Antonio Museum of Art, 200 W. Jones Ave.
District employees, students and their families are invited to celebrate the event’s theme “5,000 Years of Chinese Jade” through hands-on activities including creating carvings of animals and dragons, and watching a jade-carving demonstration. Entertainment will be provided by the San Antonio Lion Dancers. First Sunday is part of an ongoing series sponsored by SAISD’s Department of Fine Arts and the San Antonio Museum of Art. Admission is free for all SAISD participants.
- KABB: Gardening project in partnership with UIW at Carroll ECEC
- Rivard Report: Inner City School Success: San Antonio’s Best-Kept Secret
- MySA: SAISD students sing for bus drivers
- WOAI: SAISD newly-appointed superintendent, "this is very heartfelt"
- KSAT: Edison High School holds mock disaster drill
- KABB: SAISD student becomes first to win national Scholastic All-Star award
- Express-News: Jefferson's Lassos school team is tied to a proud school history