Applicants sought to fill District 3 Board vacancy
Applicants sought to fill SAISD Board vacancy for District 3
January 18, 2012 -- The SAISD Board is inviting qualified residents in District 3 who would like to serve as a Trustee to submit by Friday, Feb. 10, 2012:
• an application (available at www.saisd.net)
• letter of interest
• proof of residency (driver’s license and voter registration card).
Carlos Villarreal, a member of the Board of Trustees for San Antonio ISD District 3, announced his resignation from the Board effective Jan. 31, 2012.
Envelopes must be addressed to Board President Ed Garza at 141 Lavaca St. 78210 and marked “Single Member District 3 Vacancy.” Those mailed must be postmarked by midnight Feb. 10, while those hand delivered must be received no later than the end of the business day on Feb. 10.
Candidates will be interviewed by School Board members on Monday, Feb. 13, and if necessary, Monday, Feb. 20. Interviews will be open to the public, but only Trustees will comment or ask questions. Board members will approve the candidate of their choice at the Feb. 20, 2012 Board Meeting.
A qualified resident:
• Must be 18 years of age or older, a registered voter and U.S. citizen
• Has lived in Texas at least one year and in District 3 for at least six months
• Has not been convicted of a felony, or if so convicted:
1. Has fully discharged the sentence, including any term of incarceration, parole or supervision
2. Has completed a period of probation ordered by the court
3. Has been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability to vote
4. Has not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court
The person selected will serve the unexpired District 3 term that runs until May 2013 when elections will be held.
District 3 includes Highlands High School; Connell and Rogers middle schools; and the elementary schools Ball, Forbes, Foster, Highland Hills, Schenck, Smith, Steele, Stewart and Mission Academy.
Single MemberDistrict 3
The boundary begins at the intersection of S. New Braunfels and Dilworth, start west and north along Dilworth to Iowa, east to Gevers, south to Aransas, east to S Mittman, south to Aransas, east to S Walters, north to Martin Luther King, west to Missouri Kansas Texas Railroad line, south to Roland Ave, southeast to Alhaven, east to Pecan Valley, south to Rigsby, east to the Salado Creek, south along Salado Creek and extend to Utopia, west along Utopia to the extension of Utopia and Enfield. South along an extended imaginary line to the intersection of Perimeter Rd. and Siluria St, continue south through Southton Rd. to Shane Rd, west and extend to the San Antonio River, northwest following the river (includes branch that surrounds Symphony and a portion of E Pyron) to Roosevelt, north to Eads Ave, east to Southern Pacific Railroad line, south to Southcross, east to S. New Braunfels, north to Fair, west to Broadbent, north to Steves Ave, east to S. New Braunfels, and north to end back at Dilworth.