Free financial aid help at Burbank HS on Feb. 4
Free financial aid help for all SAISD seniors at Burbank HS on Feb. 4
All SAISD seniors and their parents or guardians can receive free one-on-one help completing their federal and state financial aid applications at Burbank High School’s Student Aid Saturdays event, which will be on Feb. 4 between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Burbank High School is located at 1002 Edwards St., and seniors at other SAISD campuses can sign up with their counselors in advance of the event for transportation from their home campus to Burbank or Café College.
Students and their parents should plan on taking with them:
- The student’s and parents’ 2011 IRS tax forms and W2s or web link into IRS
- Student’s and parents’ social security numbers
- Student’s alien registration number, if applicable
- Student’s and parents’ untaxed income information (e.g. child support)
- Student’s and parents’ other financial information (e.g. net worth of business, farm assets, etc.)
- Student’s and parents’ exact dates of birth
Students are encouraged to attend an early session in February or March to ensure they meet college and financial aid priority deadlines. The earlier they complete the FAFSA process, the sooner colleges will be able to make decisions and send student award letters.
Student Aid Saturdays is the result of a collaborative effort between the Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, SA2020, San Antonio Education Partnership, Gen TX-San Antonio and local colleges and universities. The city-wide goal is to increase by 5 percent the number of parents and students completing applications for federal and state aid this academic year.More information about Student Aid Saturdays and a schedule of the events is available at www.studentaidsa.org.
To transform SAISD into a national model urban school district where every child graduates and is educated so that he or she is prepared to be a contributing member of the community.
Our primary purpose of improving lives through a quality education is driven by an unrelenting determination to graduate all of our students and prepare them for success in higher education. Our ideology is reflected in our fundamental beliefs, commitments and core values that guide us in our daily practices.
- Student Centered
- High Expectations
- Every student can learn and achieve at high levels.
- We are responsible for the education and safety of every student.
- We are responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the school system.
- Everyone should be treated with respect.
- People support what they help create.