Coming Attractions January 27, 2012
Jan. 28 (Sat) — UIL competition awards ceremony
2 p.m. at Edison High School, 701 Santa Monica Drive near Blanco Road
Elementary-age students from 20 SAISD schools who placed first, second and third in contests held earlier that day will be honored. The awards ceremony is the only public portion of this University Interscholastic League event. Tested subject areas were art, creative writing, dictionary skills, listening, maps, graphs and charts, music memory, number sense, oral reading, ready writing, storytelling, social studies, Spanish oral reading and spelling.
Jan. 30-31 — Perfect attendance luncheons
Times below, at Collins Garden Elementary School, 167 Harriman Place
Students whose attendance was perfect for the second nine weeks and their parents may dine together in the school gymnasium, which will be decorated in a winter theme for the occasion. Mascots invited to attend include the Burbank High School bulldog and Chips and Salsa, representing Animal Care Services. The mascots were invited in honor of the students’ lessons on caring for animals and safety precautions to take when around them. The luncheons will be:
● Jan. 30 (Mon) – 11:50 a.m. to 1 p.m.
● Jan. 31 (Tues) – 10:45 a.m. to 12:40 p.m.
Feb. 3 (Fri) — SkillsUSA Leadership contest
5 p.m. at Lanier High School, 1514 W. César E. Chávez Blvd.
Community professionals will judge career technology program students from District 11, which includes schools from throughout Central and South Texas. They will compete in leadership events such as quiz bowl, job interview, prepared speech, customer service and practical math. Student projects also will be on display.
Feb. 4 (Sat) — SkillsUSA awards ceremony
2 p.m. at Lanier High School, 1514 W. César E. Chávez Blvd.
Students who placed first and second in their categories at the Feb. 3 competition for District 11 will be honored. They also will qualify to advance to the state competition to be held in Corpus Christi.
Feb. 4 (Sat) — Student Aid Saturdays
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
Teens aspiring to higher education and their parents or guardians will receive free one-on-one help in completing their federal and state financial aid applications. Student Aid Saturdays is a collaborative effort between the Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, SA2020, San Antonio Education Partnership, Gen TX-San Antonio and local colleges and universities. The citywide goal is to increase by 5 percent the number of parents and students completing applications for federal and state aid this academic year. This will be the first in a series of Student Aid Saturdays.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- June 10 20 - June 28 20 | 07:30 AM Greater San Antonio All Stars summer enrichment
- June 10 20 - August 09 20 | 08:00 AM SA Youth Programs
- June 10 20 - June 21 20 | 08:30 AM SAISD summer musical theatre camp
- June 10 20 - August 09 20 | 10:00 AM SA Youth Programs
- June 11 20 - August 09 20 Seamless Summer Nutrition Program
- June 11 20 - June 28 20 | 09:00 AM Jump Start Your Summer AND GEAR UP for High School
- June 17 20 - August 09 20 | 07:30 AM Summer recreation
- June 17 20 - June 21 20 | 08:30 AM 4th Annual Alamo City Band Camp
- July 30 20 - July 31 20 | 08:00 AM Pre-K Registration schedule for 2013-14
- August 06 20 - August 09 20 Registration schedule for 2013-14
- August 14 20 - August 23 20 Staff Development Days
- August 19 20 - August 20 20 Teacher Workday
- August 26 20 First Day of School
- September 02 20 Holiday - Labor Day
- October 25 20 End of 1st Nine Weeks
- October 28 20 Start of 2nd Nine Weeks
- November 25 20 - November 29 20 Holiday - Thanksgiving Day
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day