Coming Attractions February 3, 2012
Feb. 4 (Sat) — Student Aid Saturdays
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
All SAISD seniors aspiring to higher education and their parents or guardians will receive free one-on-one help in completing their federal and state financial aid applications. Student Aid Saturdays is a collaborative effort between the Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, SA2020, San Antonio Education Partnership, Gen TX-San Antonio and local colleges and universities. The citywide goal is to increase by 5 percent the number of parents and students completing applications for federal and state aid this academic year. This will be the first in a series of Student Aid Saturdays.
Feb. 4 (Sat) — SkillsUSA awards ceremony
2 p.m. at Lanier High School, 1514 W. César E. Chávez Blvd.
Students who placed first and second in their categories at the Feb. 3 competition will honored. They also will qualify to advance to the state competition to be held in Corpus Christi.
Feb. 6 (Mon) — MOLU-Mobile Learning Unit visit
8 to 11 a.m. and noon to 3 p.m. at Maverick Elementary School, 107 Raleigh Place
Fourth- and 5th-graders will have the opportunity to enjoy fun, hands-on activities through this traveling exhibit featuring technologies related to the fields of energy, oil and natural gas.
Feb. 6 (Mon) — Parade and balloon launch for the 100th day of school
1:30 p.m. at the Carvajal Early Childhood Education Center, 225 Arizona St.
A celebration marking this occasion will feature a parade and the launching of 100 balloons.
Feb. 7 (Tues) — SAISD teens to participate in the SAWS Confluence youth water summit
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, 200 E. Market St.
A team of students from Highlands High School will join others from throughout the city in this groundbreaking event to learn about water issues facing our community and how they can make a positive difference. The summit is sponsored by the San Antonio Water System.
10:30 to 11 a.m.: Additionally, two of the Highlands HS students have been selected to participate in a round table with Mayor Castro to discuss water issues that concern them.
Feb.10 (Fri) — Deadline to apply for District 3 vacancy
4:30 p.m. at SAISD Central Office, 141 Lavaca St.
Qualified District 3 residents who would like to serve on the SAISD School Board may submit by Feb. 10 a letter of interest, résumé, proof of residency and completed application. Envelopes must be addressed “Single Member District 3 Vacancy” care of Board President Ed Garza, 141 Lavaca St., 78210. Those mailed must be postmarked by midnight on that date while hand delivered letters must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. District 3 is being vacated Carlos Villarreal whose resignation was effective Jan. 31. School Board members will conduct interviews on Monday, Feb. 13, and if necessary the following Monday, Feb. 20, when the candidate of their choice will be approved. For more information and to apply online visit: www.saisd.net
KSAT: Edison High School holds mock disaster drill
KABB: SAISD student becomes first to win national Scholastic All-Star award
Express-News: Jefferson's Lassos school team is tied to a proud school history
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- May 22 20 | 05:00 PM 2013 Art Showcase
- May 22 20 | 06:30 PM SAISD Night of Champions
- May 25 20 | 08:00 AM SAISD Elementary and Secondary Teacher Job Fair
- May 25 20 | 09:00 AM PTA Officer’s Training
- May 27 20 Student Holiday/Staff Development/Teacher Prof Tim...
- May 28 20 | 06:30 PM PTA 7th Regular Meeting
- June 07 20 Last Day of School/End of 4th Nine Weeks
- June 07 20 | 05:00 PM Fox Tech High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 08:00 PM Highlands High School graduation ceremony
- June 08 20 | 11:00 AM Sam Houston High School graduation ceremony
- June 09 20 | 02:00 PM Jefferson High School graduation ceremony
- June 09 20 | 05:30 PM Lanier High School graduation ceremony
- June 10 20 Teacher Workday/Bad Weather Make-Up Day
- June 10 20 | 05:00 PM Burbank High School graduation ceremony
- June 10 20 | 08:00 PM Edison High School graduation ceremony
- June 14 20 | 03:30 PM GED Graduation
- June 14 20 | 08:00 PM Travis Early College High School Graduation
- June 15 20 | 05:00 PM Cooper Academy Graduation
- June 15 20 | 07:30 PM Navarro High School Graduation
- June 16 20 | 02:00 PM Brackenridge High School graduation ceremony