Our Pledge to Patrons
Our Pledge to Patrons
We as a District are dedicated to making certain our customers know they are valued. As such you can expect from us:
Security and Service with a Smile
Ensuring student and staff safety doesn't mean courtesy is compromised. We are committed to:
- Making you feel welcome instantly, starting with large, friendly signs so that you can easily find your way to the main office of schools or departments.
- Acknowledging your presence immediately and greeting you warmly.
- Politely explaining the reasoning behind security measures such as sign-in sheets and visitor badges so you will feel like part of the security solution.
We are also pleased you contacted us that we will:
- Answer the phone within three rings, and identify our organization and ourselves.
- Listen carefully.
- Be professional.
- Let you know if we are unable to provide the information you seek at the time of your call or e-mail but promise to get it to you as soon as possible. And then do it!
- Not transfer your call unless absolutely certain that person or department can assist you.
- Return phone calls and respond to e-mails and faxes promptly.
- Update information on our Web site in a timely manner.
A Spirit of Teamwork
Our goal to be the best school district we can be could not be possible without you, and as such we:
- Welcome all comments - from compliments to complaints - and will use them to improve our quality.
- Keep you apprised of our performance standards and progress.
- Let you know how you can help us in our improvement process.
- Never forget we exist to be of service to you.
The Campus Community
Schools must not only be safe but inviting as well; environments inspiring assurance that:
- Students are well educated, secure and their right to privacy protected.
- Parents and visitors feel welcome.
- Everyone cares about the students, and that educators are accessible to parents.
- Taxpayer money is well spent.
- The schools are assets to their communities.
To transform SAISD into a national model urban school district where every child graduates and is educated so that he or she is prepared to be a contributing member of the community.
Our primary purpose of improving lives through a quality education is driven by an unrelenting determination to graduate all of our students and prepare them for success in higher education. Our ideology is reflected in our fundamental beliefs, commitments and core values that guide us in our daily practices.
- Student Centered
- High Expectations
- Every student can learn and achieve at high levels.
- We are responsible for the education and safety of every student.
- We are responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the school system.
- Everyone should be treated with respect.
- People support what they help create.