Coming Attractions March 19, 2012
March 19 (Mon) — Division II Women’s NCAA Basketball pep rally
2 p.m. at Hillcrest Elementary School, 211 W. Malone Ave.
Hillcrest has been selected to host a pep rally for one of the teams to qualify for the Elite Eight NCAA Women’s Basketball Championship to be played starting March 20 in San Antonio. The pep rally is in affiliation with Go Kids Challenge.
March 19 (Mon) — School Board meeting
5:30 p.m. at the Burnet Center, 406 Barrera St.
March 20 (Tues) — High Five Readers Challenge celebration
2 p.m. at the San Antonio Botanical Garden, 555 Funston Place
A San Antonio Spurs player will meet with Bonham Academy 4th-graders from Desirre Madrid’s class as a reward for winning this four-week NBA contest by reading the required number of books for their grade level.
March 20 (Tues) — Fine Arts in Education Coalition meeting
7 p.m. at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
The public is invited to these gatherings of patrons interested in supporting fine arts education in SAISD. Coalition members comprise parents, students and music educators.
March 20-21 — Ready, Set …Bond renovation and design meetings
SAISD Bond 2010 design team members will present images showing the planned layout and design of new buildings scheduled for construction. Meetings for the respective campuses will be:
● March 20 (Tues) – 6 p.m. at Rogers Elementary School, 620 McIlvaine St.
● March 21 (Wed) – 6 p.m. at Ogden Elementary School, 2215 Leal St.
March 21 (Wed) — District 3 Trustee Meet and Greet
6 to 7 p.m. at Highlands High School, 3118 Elgin Ave.
The community will have the opportunity to meet newly-appointed District 3 Trustee Debra Guerrero and also receive a brief update on SAISD Bond 2010. Last month the District’s School Board selected Guerrero – a former city councilmember – to complete the term of former Trustee Carlos Villarreal who resigned his position.
March 22 (Thurs) — SAISD Bond 2010 renovation workshop
6 p.m. at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
The SAISD Bond 2010 design team seeks community input for the site plan renovations for Burbank High School. The meeting will focus on options for the current bond recommendations and their impact on the school’s long-range plan.
March 22 (Thurs) — Reading Night
6 p.m. at Herff Elementary School, 996 S. Hackberry St.
Students and parents are invited to this event featuring guest readers and dinner. Reading Night is sponsored by the school’s PTA to promote parental involvement.
March 23 (Fri) — 11th-Annual Gifted and Talented Showcase
6 to 8 p.m. at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive
In recognition of the 2012 theme “Architecture/Buildings Around the World,” Michael Guarino Sr., a Ford, Powell and Carson partner and UTSA College of Architecture professor, has been invited to speak. Each year this event highlights projects created by Gifted and Talented students in grades kinder through 12 Districtwide.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- May 17 20 | 10:00 AM San Antonio Fire Department S.A.F.E. House demonst...
- May 17 20 | 10:00 AM Drawing to treat perfect attendance student to Tay...
- May 18 20 | 09:00 AM PTA LOT
- May 18 20 | 09:00 AM Go Green Club craft, art and rummage sale
- May 18 20 | 12:30 PM Middle School UIL awards ceremony
- May 20 20 | 09:00 AM Parent room grand opening
- May 20 20 | 09:00 AM Career Day
- May 20 20 | 10:00 AM Edison High School to hold Mock Disater Drill
- May 20 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- May 21 20 | 10:00 AM Excellence in Education news conference
- May 22 20 | 05:00 PM 2013 Art Showcase
- May 22 20 | 06:30 PM SAISD Night of Champions
- May 25 20 | 08:00 AM SAISD Elementary and Secondary Teacher Job Fair
- May 25 20 | 09:00 AM PTA Officer’s Training
- May 27 20 Student Holiday/Staff Development/Teacher Prof Tim...
- May 28 20 | 06:30 PM PTA 7th Regular Meeting
- June 07 20 Last Day of School/End of 4th Nine Weeks
- June 07 20 | 05:00 PM Fox Tech High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 08:00 PM Highlands High School graduation ceremony
- June 08 20 | 11:00 AM Sam Houston High School graduation ceremony