Coming Attractions March 23, 2012
March 26 (Mon) — Rallies and red carpet STAAR test events
Students throughout SAISD are preparing for the upcoming State Assessments of Academic Readiness test through a variety of motivational activities including those to be held:
● 10 a.m. at Neal Elementary School, 3407 Capitol Ave. A rally will feature his Royal Highness El Rey Feo Richard Ojeda.
● 2:15 to 2:30 p.m. at Collins Garden Elementary School, 167 Harriman Place. Dressed in their best, the students’ “STAAR” quality will shine as they take a walk on the red carpet.
● 2:45 to 3:45 p.m. at Rhodes Middle School, 3000 Tampico St. Students will let the force be with them during a STAAR Wars-themed rally replete with cheerleaders, band and choir.
March 26 (Mon) — San Antonio Chef Coalition inaugural dinner/fundraiser
6:30 p.m. reception, 7 p.m. dinner at a secret location to be disclosed Monday
March 27 (Tues) — SAISD Council of PTAs general meeting
6:30 p.m. at Longfellow Middle School, 1130 E. Sunshine Drive
Elections will be held for next year’s officers.
March 29 (Thurs) — Elementary Art Meet
5 to 6:30 p.m. at the Burnet Center, 406 Barrera St.
The artistic talents of elementary students Districtwide will be celebrated and recognized. Following a reception, an awards ceremony will start at 6 p.m.
March 29 (Thurs) — SAISD Special Education Transition Fair
5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive at South St. Mary’s Street
Special needs students and their families can learn about community services and resources available to them to ease the transition between school to work and more independent living. Representatives from 40 agencies are scheduled to attend to answer questions and provide information. Fair sponsor is SAISD’s Department of Special Education Services.
March 30 (Fri) — Jefferson anniversary Fiesta medal presentation
6 p.m. at the Deco Pizzeria, 1815 Fredericksburg Road
The Jefferson Lasso Alumni Association’s inaugural Fiesta medal will make its debut in honor of the historic school’s 80th anniversary.
March 31 (Sat) — 4E Run/Walk and Health Festival
8:30 a.m. (start of first event) at Mission Reach near Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland at South St. Mary’s Street
The community is invited to join 4E (Education, Exercise, Engagement, Empowerment) festivities beginning with a 5K and 10K Run/Walk. There also will be a Districtwide Health Festival on the Brackenridge High School campus from 9 a.m. to noon featuring giveaways, free screenings, a pediatric mobile clinic with free immunizations, food sampling and a Kids Zone with games and events. A free one-mile fun run will be held on the high school's track starting at 10:30 a.m. Event sponsors are SAISD, the SAISD Foundation and other entities.
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- March 12 20 | 01:30 PM Campus makeover and cookout
- March 17 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- March 19 20 | 05:30 PM Open house for all-new Cameron
- March 20 20 | 08:00 AM SAISD Foundation School Breakfast Showcase
- March 20 20 | 06:30 PM Community health fair
- March 26 20 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- March 29 20 | 08:30 AM Run 4Education
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- April 30 20 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School
- August 13 20 - August 15 20 Staff Development
- August 18 20 - August 19 20 Teacher Workdays
- August 20 20 - August 22 20 Staff Development
- August 25 20 First Day of School
- September 01 20 Holiday - Labor Day
- October 20 20 - October 23 20 State Testing Dates
- October 24 20 End of 1st Nine Weeks