Coming Attractions March 23, 2012
March 26 (Mon) — Rallies and red carpet STAAR test events
Students throughout SAISD are preparing for the upcoming State Assessments of Academic Readiness test through a variety of motivational activities including those to be held:
● 10 a.m. at Neal Elementary School, 3407 Capitol Ave. A rally will feature his Royal Highness El Rey Feo Richard Ojeda.
● 2:15 to 2:30 p.m. at Collins Garden Elementary School, 167 Harriman Place. Dressed in their best, the students’ “STAAR” quality will shine as they take a walk on the red carpet.
● 2:45 to 3:45 p.m. at Rhodes Middle School, 3000 Tampico St. Students will let the force be with them during a STAAR Wars-themed rally replete with cheerleaders, band and choir.
March 26 (Mon) — San Antonio Chef Coalition inaugural dinner/fundraiser
6:30 p.m. reception, 7 p.m. dinner at a secret location to be disclosed Monday
March 27 (Tues) — SAISD Council of PTAs general meeting
6:30 p.m. at Longfellow Middle School, 1130 E. Sunshine Drive
Elections will be held for next year’s officers.
March 29 (Thurs) — Elementary Art Meet
5 to 6:30 p.m. at the Burnet Center, 406 Barrera St.
The artistic talents of elementary students Districtwide will be celebrated and recognized. Following a reception, an awards ceremony will start at 6 p.m.
March 29 (Thurs) — SAISD Special Education Transition Fair
5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive at South St. Mary’s Street
Special needs students and their families can learn about community services and resources available to them to ease the transition between school to work and more independent living. Representatives from 40 agencies are scheduled to attend to answer questions and provide information. Fair sponsor is SAISD’s Department of Special Education Services.
March 30 (Fri) — Jefferson anniversary Fiesta medal presentation
6 p.m. at the Deco Pizzeria, 1815 Fredericksburg Road
The Jefferson Lasso Alumni Association’s inaugural Fiesta medal will make its debut in honor of the historic school’s 80th anniversary.
March 31 (Sat) — 4E Run/Walk and Health Festival
8:30 a.m. (start of first event) at Mission Reach near Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland at South St. Mary’s Street
The community is invited to join 4E (Education, Exercise, Engagement, Empowerment) festivities beginning with a 5K and 10K Run/Walk. There also will be a Districtwide Health Festival on the Brackenridge High School campus from 9 a.m. to noon featuring giveaways, free screenings, a pediatric mobile clinic with free immunizations, food sampling and a Kids Zone with games and events. A free one-mile fun run will be held on the high school's track starting at 10:30 a.m. Event sponsors are SAISD, the SAISD Foundation and other entities.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 05 20 | 05:30 PM ‘Ah, Shucks! It’s a Tamalada celebration
- December 05 20 | 06:00 PM Police Explorers induction ceremony
- December 05 20 | 07:00 PM 'Come Through in the Clutch' seminar
- December 06 20 | 01:00 PM Click! Takata Safety Program
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School