Coming Attractions March 30 2012
March 31 (Sat) — 4E Run/Walk and Health Festival
8:30 a.m. (start of first event) at Mission Reach near Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland at South St. Mary’s Street
The community is invited to join 4E (Education, Exercise, Engagement, Empowerment) festivities beginning with a 5K and 10K Run/Walk. There also will be a Districtwide Health Festival on the Brackenridge High School campus from 9 a.m. to noon featuring giveaways, free screenings, a pediatric mobile clinic with free immunizations, food sampling and a Kids Zone with games and events. A free one-mile fun run will be held on the high school's track starting at 10:30 a.m. Event sponsors are SAISD, the SAISD Foundation and other entities.
April 3-4 — Ready, Set …Bond renovation and design meetings
SAISD Bond 2010 design team members will present images showing the planned layout and design of new buildings scheduled for construction at the following campuses:
● April 3 (Tues) – 6 p.m. at Japhet Elementary School, 314 Astor St.
● April 4 (Wed) — 6 p.m. at Cotton Elementary School, 1616 Blanco Road
April 4 (Wed) — WellMed Easter Bunny Express visit
8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at Brewer Elementary School, 906 Merida St.
Peter Cottontail will make an early hop down the bunny trail to this West Side school where he will treat students to a personal appearance and goodies.
April 5 (Thurs) — Top Alamo City chefs to dish out donations
10 to 10:30 a.m. at Lanier High School, 1514 W. César E. Chávez Blvd.
Members of the newly-formed San Antonio Chef Coalition will present $2,000 and Vita-Prep commercial food-preparation blenders to the Burbank, Sam Houston and Lanier high schools culinary arts programs. The money – raised at the coalition’s March 26 inaugural fundraising dinner – will go toward supplies and resources for student leadership competitions and industry visits. The nine coalition members include chefs Andrew Weissman of Il Sogno and Sandbar, Steven McHugh of Lüke and the acclaimed Jesse Perez, a 1994 graduate of SAISD’s Burbank High School.
April 6 (Fri) — Good Friday
All District schools and most offices will be closed.
- April 14 20 - April 17 20 | 05:20 PM Free family fitness classes
- April 17 20 | 02:00 PM Annual Fiesta Shoebox Float Parade
- April 17 20 | 06:15 PM Second Annual Pitch for the Cure
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 21 20 - April 24 20 State Testing Dates
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- April 30 20 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- May 05 20 - May 09 20 State Testing Dates
- May 12 20 - May 16 20 State Testing Dates
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- May 29 20 | 05:00 PM Rising Star New Teacher Award Ceremony
- June 05 20 Last Day of School
- June 05 20 | 06:30 PM Lanier High School graduation ceremony
- June 06 20 Teacher Workday/Bad Weather Day Make-up Day
- June 06 20 | 05:00 PM Edison High School graduation ceremony
- June 06 20 | 08:30 PM Jefferson High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 10:00 AM Houston High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 02:00 PM YWLA graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 05:00 PM Fox Tech High School graduation ceremony
- June 08 20 | 01:00 PM Highlands High School graduation ceremony