Coming Attractions March 30 2012
March 31 (Sat) — 4E Run/Walk and Health Festival
8:30 a.m. (start of first event) at Mission Reach near Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland at South St. Mary’s Street
The community is invited to join 4E (Education, Exercise, Engagement, Empowerment) festivities beginning with a 5K and 10K Run/Walk. There also will be a Districtwide Health Festival on the Brackenridge High School campus from 9 a.m. to noon featuring giveaways, free screenings, a pediatric mobile clinic with free immunizations, food sampling and a Kids Zone with games and events. A free one-mile fun run will be held on the high school's track starting at 10:30 a.m. Event sponsors are SAISD, the SAISD Foundation and other entities.
April 3-4 — Ready, Set …Bond renovation and design meetings
SAISD Bond 2010 design team members will present images showing the planned layout and design of new buildings scheduled for construction at the following campuses:
● April 3 (Tues) – 6 p.m. at Japhet Elementary School, 314 Astor St.
● April 4 (Wed) — 6 p.m. at Cotton Elementary School, 1616 Blanco Road
April 4 (Wed) — WellMed Easter Bunny Express visit
8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at Brewer Elementary School, 906 Merida St.
Peter Cottontail will make an early hop down the bunny trail to this West Side school where he will treat students to a personal appearance and goodies.
April 5 (Thurs) — Top Alamo City chefs to dish out donations
10 to 10:30 a.m. at Lanier High School, 1514 W. César E. Chávez Blvd.
Members of the newly-formed San Antonio Chef Coalition will present $2,000 and Vita-Prep commercial food-preparation blenders to the Burbank, Sam Houston and Lanier high schools culinary arts programs. The money – raised at the coalition’s March 26 inaugural fundraising dinner – will go toward supplies and resources for student leadership competitions and industry visits. The nine coalition members include chefs Andrew Weissman of Il Sogno and Sandbar, Steven McHugh of Lüke and the acclaimed Jesse Perez, a 1994 graduate of SAISD’s Burbank High School.
April 6 (Fri) — Good Friday
All District schools and most offices will be closed.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 05 20 | 05:30 PM ‘Ah, Shucks! It’s a Tamalada celebration
- December 05 20 | 06:00 PM Police Explorers induction ceremony
- December 05 20 | 07:00 PM 'Come Through in the Clutch' seminar
- December 06 20 | 01:00 PM Click! Takata Safety Program
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School