Coming Attractions - March 30, 2012
March 31 (Sat) — 4E Run/Walk and Health Festival
8:30 a.m. (start of first event) at Mission Reach near Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland at South St. Mary’s Street
The community is invited to join 4E (Education, Exercise, Engagement, Empowerment) festivities beginning with a 5K and 10K Run/Walk. There also will be a Districtwide Health Festival on the Brackenridge High School campus from 9 a.m. to noon featuring giveaways, free screenings, a pediatric mobile clinic with free immunizations, food sampling and a Kids Zone with games and events. A free one-mile fun run will be held on the high school's track starting at 10:30 a.m. Event sponsors are SAISD, the SAISD Foundation and other entities.
April 3-4 — Ready, Set …Bond renovation and design meetings
SAISD Bond 2010 design team members will present images showing the planned layout and design of new buildings scheduled for construction at the following campuses:
● April 3 (Tues) – 6 p.m. at Japhet Elementary School, 314 Astor St.
● April 4 (Wed) — 6 p.m. at Cotton Elementary School, 1616 Blanco Road
April 4 (Wed) — WellMed Easter Bunny Express visit
8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at Brewer Elementary School, 906 Merida St.
Peter Cottontail will make an early hop down the bunny trail to this West Side school where he will treat students to a personal appearance and goodies.
April 5 (Thurs) — Top Alamo City chefs to dish out donations
10 to 10:30 a.m. at Lanier High School, 1514 W. César E. Chávez Blvd.
Members of the newly-formed San Antonio Chef Coalition will present $2,000 and Vita-Prep commercial food-preparation blenders to the Burbank, Sam Houston and Lanier high schools culinary arts programs. The money – raised at the coalition’s March 26 inaugural fundraising dinner – will go toward supplies and resources for student leadership competitions and industry visits. The nine coalition members include chefs Andrew Weissman of Il Sogno and Sandbar, Steven McHugh of Lüke and the acclaimed Jesse Perez, a 1994 graduate of SAISD’s Burbank High School.
April 6 (Fri) — Good Friday
All District schools and most offices will be closed.
- September 26 20 - September 29 20 | 05:30 PM Free family fitness classes
- September 27 20 - September 27 20 | 08:00 AM SAISD to observe National Voter Registration Day
- September 27 20 - September 28 20 | 06:00 PM Bond and Tax Ratification elections community meet...
- September 29 20 - September 29 20 | 06:00 PM Sixth-Annual INSPIRE Awards
- September 29 20 - September 29 20 | 06:00 PM University of Chicago information session