Coming Attractions April 5 2012
April 6 (Fri) — Good Friday
All District schools and most offices will be closed.
April 9-10 — Perfect attendance luncheons
Times below, at Collins Garden Elementary School, 167 Harriman Place
Students whose attendance was perfect for the third nine weeks and their parents may dine together in the school gymnasium, which will be decorated in a Fiesta theme for the occasion. Providing entertainment will be the Harris Middle School mariachi. The luncheons will be:
● April 9 (Mon) – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
● April 10 (Tues) — 10:45 a.m. to12:45 p.m.
April 10 (Tues) — Author’s visit
8:30 a.m., 9:45 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. at Maverick Elementary School, 107 Raleigh Place at Babcock Road
As part of the school’s National Library Week observances, 3rd- through 5th-graders will be treated to a visit from Michael Anthony Steele. The author and screenwriter whose works include episodes for Super DC Heroes comics and PBS TV’s Barney and Friends will speak to students about making their dreams come true. In honor of Steele’s hat collection, youngsters are encouraged to come attired in their favorite headwear.
April 11 (Wed) — Komen Race for the Cure 15th-annual kickoff news conference
10 to 11 a.m. at H-E-B Plus at McCreless, 4199 S. New Braunfels Ave.
The District’s Carmen Ng again will be among the featured speakers to promote participation in the annual Komen San Antonio Race for the Cure fundraiser for breast cancer research. As one of the 15 “faces” of this year’s campaign, the Fox Tech High School secretary is serving as a spokesperson for early detection and to offer the hope and inspiration that only a breast cancer survivor can provide. News conference host H-E-B Grocers is title sponsor for the “Race.”
April 11-12 — Ready, Set …Bond renovation and design meetings
SAISD Bond 2010 design team members will present images showing the latest designs and layouts for the planned renovations at the following schools:
● April 11 (Wed) – 6 p.m. at Edison High School, 701 Santa Monica
● April 12 (Thurs) – 6 p.m. at Cameron Elementary School, 3635 Belgium Lane
April 14 (Sat) — Family Literacy Fair
10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive at South St. Mary’s Street
Students aged 3- and 4-years-old and their parents can enjoy storytelling, receive free books and be photographed with the Cat-in-the-Hat – as well as learn about community services and resources available to them. Fair sponsor is SAISD’s Department of Early Childhood Education.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 11 20 | 04:45 PM Eagle band to serenade King William Historic Distr...
- December 12 20 | 09:00 AM Mock arrest warrant issued for Santa Claus
- December 12 20 | 06:00 PM Taste of the Season
- December 13 20 | 01:00 PM Toy giveaway
- December 14 20 | 09:00 AM Twentieth-annual mock trial of Santa Claus
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School