Coming Attractions April 5 2012
April 6 (Fri) — Good Friday
All District schools and most offices will be closed.
April 9-10 — Perfect attendance luncheons
Times below, at Collins Garden Elementary School, 167 Harriman Place
Students whose attendance was perfect for the third nine weeks and their parents may dine together in the school gymnasium, which will be decorated in a Fiesta theme for the occasion. Providing entertainment will be the Harris Middle School mariachi. The luncheons will be:
● April 9 (Mon) – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
● April 10 (Tues) — 10:45 a.m. to12:45 p.m.
April 10 (Tues) — Author’s visit
8:30 a.m., 9:45 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. at Maverick Elementary School, 107 Raleigh Place at Babcock Road
As part of the school’s National Library Week observances, 3rd- through 5th-graders will be treated to a visit from Michael Anthony Steele. The author and screenwriter whose works include episodes for Super DC Heroes comics and PBS TV’s Barney and Friends will speak to students about making their dreams come true. In honor of Steele’s hat collection, youngsters are encouraged to come attired in their favorite headwear.
April 11 (Wed) — Komen Race for the Cure 15th-annual kickoff news conference
10 to 11 a.m. at H-E-B Plus at McCreless, 4199 S. New Braunfels Ave.
The District’s Carmen Ng again will be among the featured speakers to promote participation in the annual Komen San Antonio Race for the Cure fundraiser for breast cancer research. As one of the 15 “faces” of this year’s campaign, the Fox Tech High School secretary is serving as a spokesperson for early detection and to offer the hope and inspiration that only a breast cancer survivor can provide. News conference host H-E-B Grocers is title sponsor for the “Race.”
April 11-12 — Ready, Set …Bond renovation and design meetings
SAISD Bond 2010 design team members will present images showing the latest designs and layouts for the planned renovations at the following schools:
● April 11 (Wed) – 6 p.m. at Edison High School, 701 Santa Monica
● April 12 (Thurs) – 6 p.m. at Cameron Elementary School, 3635 Belgium Lane
April 14 (Sat) — Family Literacy Fair
10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive at South St. Mary’s Street
Students aged 3- and 4-years-old and their parents can enjoy storytelling, receive free books and be photographed with the Cat-in-the-Hat – as well as learn about community services and resources available to them. Fair sponsor is SAISD’s Department of Early Childhood Education.
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 21 20 - April 24 20 State Testing Dates
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- April 30 20 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- May 05 20 - May 09 20 State Testing Dates
- May 12 20 - May 16 20 State Testing Dates
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- May 29 20 | 05:00 PM Rising Star New Teacher Award Ceremony
- June 05 20 Last Day of School
- June 05 20 | 06:30 PM Lanier High School graduation ceremony
- June 06 20 Teacher Workday/Bad Weather Day Make-up Day
- June 06 20 | 05:00 PM Edison High School graduation ceremony
- June 06 20 | 08:30 PM Jefferson High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 10:00 AM Houston High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 02:00 PM YWLA graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 05:00 PM Fox Tech High School graduation ceremony
- June 08 20 | 01:00 PM Highlands High School graduation ceremony
- June 08 20 | 04:30 PM Burbank High School graduation ceremony
- June 08 20 | 08:00 PM Brackenridge High School graduation ceremony
- June 09 20 Teacher Workday/Bad Weather Day Make-up Day