Coming Attractions - April 5, 2012
April 6 (Fri) — Good Friday
All District schools and most offices will be closed.
April 9-10 — Perfect attendance luncheons
Times below, at Collins Garden Elementary School, 167 Harriman Place
Students whose attendance was perfect for the third nine weeks and their parents may dine together in the school gymnasium, which will be decorated in a Fiesta theme for the occasion. Providing entertainment will be the Harris Middle School mariachi. The luncheons will be:
● April 9 (Mon) – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
● April 10 (Tues) — 10:45 a.m. to12:45 p.m.
April 10 (Tues) — Author’s visit
8:30 a.m., 9:45 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. at Maverick Elementary School, 107 Raleigh Place at Babcock Road
As part of the school’s National Library Week observances, 3rd- through 5th-graders will be treated to a visit from Michael Anthony Steele. The author and screenwriter whose works include episodes for Super DC Heroes comics and PBS TV’s Barney and Friends will speak to students about making their dreams come true. In honor of Steele’s hat collection, youngsters are encouraged to come attired in their favorite headwear.
April 11 (Wed) — Komen Race for the Cure 15th-annual kickoff news conference
10 to 11 a.m. at H-E-B Plus at McCreless, 4199 S. New Braunfels Ave.
The District’s Carmen Ng again will be among the featured speakers to promote participation in the annual Komen San Antonio Race for the Cure fundraiser for breast cancer research. As one of the 15 “faces” of this year’s campaign, the Fox Tech High School secretary is serving as a spokesperson for early detection and to offer the hope and inspiration that only a breast cancer survivor can provide. News conference host H-E-B Grocers is title sponsor for the “Race.”
April 11-12 — Ready, Set …Bond renovation and design meetings
SAISD Bond 2010 design team members will present images showing the latest designs and layouts for the planned renovations at the following schools:
● April 11 (Wed) – 6 p.m. at Edison High School, 701 Santa Monica
● April 12 (Thurs) – 6 p.m. at Cameron Elementary School, 3635 Belgium Lane
April 14 (Sat) — Family Literacy Fair
10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive at South St. Mary’s Street
Students aged 3- and 4-years-old and their parents can enjoy storytelling, receive free books and be photographed with the Cat-in-the-Hat – as well as learn about community services and resources available to them. Fair sponsor is SAISD’s Department of Early Childhood Education.
- January 11 20 - May 09 20 Free family fitness classes resume
- February 13 20 - February 13 20 | 04:00 PM SAISD Athletic Hall of Fame Induction
- February 15 20 - February 15 20 Presidents' Day Holiday
- February 16 20 - February 16 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- February 18 20 - February 18 20 | 09:45 AM Contributions from the African-American Community