Coming Attractions April 13 2012
April 14 (Sat) — Family Literacy Fair
10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive at South St. Mary’s Street
Students aged 3- and 4-years-old and their parents can enjoy storytelling, receive free books and be photographed with the Cat-in-the-Hat – as well as learn about community services and resources available to them. Fair sponsor is SAISD’s Department of Early Childhood Education.
April 15 (Sun) — Fiesta ‘Side-by-Side’ concert
3 p.m. at Highlands High School, 3118 Elgin Ave.
The San Antonio Youth Wind Ensemble will share the stage with the Heart of Texas band. Side-by-Side concerts provide students with an opportunity to perform with professionals with programs tailored to support their needs and abilities. Presenter for this concert featuring traditional songs of Texas and Fiesta is St. Philip’s College. Donations will be accepted at the door.
April 16 (Mon) — School Board meeting
5:30 p.m. at the Burnet Center, 406 Barrera St.
April 18 (Wed) — Pre-school Program for Children with Disabilities Activity Day
9 a.m. to noon at the Alamo Convocation Center, 110 Tuleta Drive
Special needs and pre-kinder students Districtwide assisted by high school athletes will compete in a variety of activities. This annual event offers the youngest athletes fun ways to utilize their motor skills while teens gain from the experience of working with special needs children, making everyone a winner.
April 19 (Thurs) — Ready, Set …Bond renovation and design meetings
6 p.m. at the campuses below
SAISD Bond 2010 design team members will present images showing the latest designs and layouts for the planned renovations at the following schools:
● Sarah King Elementary School, 1001 Ceralvo St.
● Hirsch Elementary School, 4826 Seabreeze Drive
April 19 (Thurs) — Reading Night
6 p.m. at Herff Elementary School, 996 S. Hackberry St.
Students and parents are invited to this event featuring guest readers and dinner. Reading Night is sponsored by the school’s PTA to promote parental involvement.
April 20 (Fri) — ‘DAYOSA’ and STAAR rally
2:15 to 2:45 p.m. at Maverick Elementary School, 107 Raleigh Place at Babcock Road
A Day in Old San Antonio-themed celebration will be held in observance of Fiesta while also serving as a pep rally to encourage students in the upper grades to do well on the new State Assessments of Academic Readiness test.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 11 20 | 04:45 PM Eagle band to serenade King William Historic Distr...
- December 12 20 | 09:00 AM Mock arrest warrant issued for Santa Claus
- December 12 20 | 06:00 PM Taste of the Season
- December 13 20 | 01:00 PM Toy giveaway
- December 14 20 | 09:00 AM Twentieth-annual mock trial of Santa Claus
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School