Coming Attractions April 13 2012
April 14 (Sat) — Family Literacy Fair
10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive at South St. Mary’s Street
Students aged 3- and 4-years-old and their parents can enjoy storytelling, receive free books and be photographed with the Cat-in-the-Hat – as well as learn about community services and resources available to them. Fair sponsor is SAISD’s Department of Early Childhood Education.
April 15 (Sun) — Fiesta ‘Side-by-Side’ concert
3 p.m. at Highlands High School, 3118 Elgin Ave.
The San Antonio Youth Wind Ensemble will share the stage with the Heart of Texas band. Side-by-Side concerts provide students with an opportunity to perform with professionals with programs tailored to support their needs and abilities. Presenter for this concert featuring traditional songs of Texas and Fiesta is St. Philip’s College. Donations will be accepted at the door.
April 16 (Mon) — School Board meeting
5:30 p.m. at the Burnet Center, 406 Barrera St.
April 18 (Wed) — Pre-school Program for Children with Disabilities Activity Day
9 a.m. to noon at the Alamo Convocation Center, 110 Tuleta Drive
Special needs and pre-kinder students Districtwide assisted by high school athletes will compete in a variety of activities. This annual event offers the youngest athletes fun ways to utilize their motor skills while teens gain from the experience of working with special needs children, making everyone a winner.
April 19 (Thurs) — Ready, Set …Bond renovation and design meetings
6 p.m. at the campuses below
SAISD Bond 2010 design team members will present images showing the latest designs and layouts for the planned renovations at the following schools:
● Sarah King Elementary School, 1001 Ceralvo St.
● Hirsch Elementary School, 4826 Seabreeze Drive
April 19 (Thurs) — Reading Night
6 p.m. at Herff Elementary School, 996 S. Hackberry St.
Students and parents are invited to this event featuring guest readers and dinner. Reading Night is sponsored by the school’s PTA to promote parental involvement.
April 20 (Fri) — ‘DAYOSA’ and STAAR rally
2:15 to 2:45 p.m. at Maverick Elementary School, 107 Raleigh Place at Babcock Road
A Day in Old San Antonio-themed celebration will be held in observance of Fiesta while also serving as a pep rally to encourage students in the upper grades to do well on the new State Assessments of Academic Readiness test.
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- March 12 20 | 01:30 PM Campus makeover and cookout
- March 17 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- March 19 20 | 05:30 PM Open house for all-new Cameron
- March 20 20 | 08:00 AM SAISD Foundation School Breakfast Showcase
- March 20 20 | 06:30 PM Community health fair
- March 26 20 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- March 29 20 | 08:30 AM Run 4Education
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- April 30 20 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School
- August 13 20 - August 15 20 Staff Development
- August 18 20 - August 19 20 Teacher Workdays
- August 20 20 - August 22 20 Staff Development
- August 25 20 First Day of School
- September 01 20 Holiday - Labor Day
- October 20 20 - October 23 20 State Testing Dates
- October 24 20 End of 1st Nine Weeks