Brackenridge High School students to provide live feeds from White House summit
What: Brackenridge High School students to provide live feeds from White House summit
Where: Fox Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
When: Today (March 9) 12:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
Brackenridge High School journalism and video production students will join local and national media professionals today in covering the White House Hispanic Community Action Summit, which will be held at Fox Tech High School.
Broadcast journalism and video production students from Brackenridge’s Media Productions Magnet will lend their camera work and editing expertise by assisting with a webcast of the event, which will be streamed live through a White House web feed. Other journalism students will serve as roving reporters, providing live feeds summarizing discussions held at the simultaneous forums on education, jobs and the economy, healthcare and immigration.
The summit is one of a number of similar events the White House is holding across the country to meet with and solicit input from San Antonio area community leaders, educators, small business owners and state and local elected officials. U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan will deliver a keynote speech at the event.
- January 17 20 - May 04 20 | 05:30 PM Free family fitness classes
- April 24 20 | 08:30 AM Latin America Heritage Society Royal Fiesta court ...
- April 27 20 - April 27 20 | 02:40 PM Recycled Trash Fiesta Parade
- April 27 20 - April 27 20 | 06:30 PM Battle of Flowers Band Festival
- April 28 20 - April 28 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers