Brackenridge High School students to provide live feeds from White House summit
What: Brackenridge High School students to provide live feeds from White House summit
Where: Fox Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
When: Today (March 9) 12:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
Brackenridge High School journalism and video production students will join local and national media professionals today in covering the White House Hispanic Community Action Summit, which will be held at Fox Tech High School.
Broadcast journalism and video production students from Brackenridge’s Media Productions Magnet will lend their camera work and editing expertise by assisting with a webcast of the event, which will be streamed live through a White House web feed. Other journalism students will serve as roving reporters, providing live feeds summarizing discussions held at the simultaneous forums on education, jobs and the economy, healthcare and immigration.
The summit is one of a number of similar events the White House is holding across the country to meet with and solicit input from San Antonio area community leaders, educators, small business owners and state and local elected officials. U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan will deliver a keynote speech at the event.
- May 23 20 - May 24 20 | 08:30 AM Book Buddies Book Celebration giveaways
- May 24 20 - May 24 20 | 06:00 PM Middle School Partners Program End-of-Year Celebra...
- May 26 20 - May 26 20 | 05:00 PM Rising Star Teacher Ceremony
- May 29 20 - May 29 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 02 20 - June 02 20 Last Day of School