Coming Attractions April 20 2012
April 21 (Sat) – Congressional Arts Competition Awards Ceremony
10:30 a.m. at the UTSA Downtown Campus, 501 W. 501 César E. Chávez
Two student artists from SAISD’s Brackenridge High School will be among four from the San Antonio area honored at a ceremony hosted by U.S Rep. Charles Gonzalez, during which first-, second-, third-, and fourth-place winners will be announced. The top-placing student will receive $1,700 and – along with his or her parents – a round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations to attend a reception this summer in Washington, D.C., for all those who placed first from each congressional district nationwide.
April 24 (Tues) — SAISD Council of PTAs general meeting
6:30 p.m. at Gonzalez Achievement Center, 518 E. Magnolia Ave
The public is invited to meetings of PTA chapter representatives throughout the District.
April 26 (Thurs) — Teens and tots collaborate for college
9 to 11 a.m. at all SAISD Early Childhood Education Centers (listed below)
Attired in their favorite varsity wear, Highlands High School seniors will inspire SAISD’s youngest scholars to follow their lead of higher education. After reading to Head Start program 3- and 4-year-olds, the teens will present each with a book containing a note about where they plan to go to college. The Early Childhood Education Centers are:
● Carroll, 463 Holmgreen Road
● Carvajal, 225 Arizona St.
● Knox, 302 Tipton St.
● Tynan, 925 Gulf St.
April 26 (Thurs) — Battle of the Bands
6:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Alamo Stadium, 110 Tuleta St
April 27 (Fri) — Battle of Flowers Parade Day
All District schools and most offices will be closed.
April 29 (Sun) — SAISD students to assist outreach efforts
3:30 to 5 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church of San Antonio, 401 N. Alamo St.
As part of ongoing humanitarian endeavors, Maverick Elementary PALS (Peer Assistance Leadership Students) and Student Council members will help serve food and present monetary donations they have collected for the church’s monthly “Loaves and Fishes” meal and outreach for the homeless and needy. They also will give new toothbrushes and toothpaste gathered through the school’s “Give a Smile” campaign.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 09 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- December 11 20 | 04:45 PM Eagle band to serenade King William Historic Distr...
- December 12 20 | 09:00 AM Mock arrest warrant issued for Santa Claus
- December 12 20 | 06:00 PM Taste of the Season
- December 13 20 | 01:00 PM Toy giveaway
- December 14 20 | 09:00 AM Twentieth-annual mock trial of Santa Claus
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School