Coming Attractions June 29, 2012
June 29, 2012
July 2-6 — Fourth of July holiday
Most SAISD offices and schools will be closed this week.
July 12 (Thurs) — SAISD Job Fair
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Tafolla Middle School, 1303 W. César Chávez Blvd.
Interviews will be held for bus drivers, cafeteria porters/custodians and instructional assistants. For more information call 554-8400 or visit www.saisd.net.
Summer programs for students *
These are just a sample, and may be subject to change. Parents are asked to contact their child’s school for more information.
June 30 and July 14 (Saturdays) — Solar Hot Rods program
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at both sites (below)
These sessions conclude a four-part series offering incoming 8th-graders a fun way to study the STEM subjects of science, technology, math and engineering by building and racing solar-powered model cars. The Solar Hot Rods Program is part of Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs, designed to help the class of 2017 prepare for success in higher education and beyond. Partner for this summer program is the University of Texas at San Antonio and UTSA’s Interactive Technology Experience Center. While students are enjoying their cars, parents are invited to attend college-awareness workshops to be offered at this location through the UTSA Mobile Go Center. Sites are:
● June 30 at St. Ann Catholic Church, 210 St. Ann St.
● July 14 at the YMCA, 1213 Iowa St.
July 2-6 — Seamless Summer Nutrition Program
7 to 8 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Travis Early College High School, 1915 N. Main Ave.
This will be the only SAISD site open during the Fourth of July break serving free breakfast and lunch to anyone 18 years old and younger. The federally-funded nutrition program is available to districts like SAISD in which large numbers of students receive free meals during the school year.
* NOTE TO MEDIA – Please contact the SAISD Communications Department to coordinate coverage.
--- SAISD ---
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 09 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- December 11 20 | 04:45 PM Eagle band to serenade King William Historic Distr...
- December 12 20 | 09:00 AM Mock arrest warrant issued for Santa Claus
- December 12 20 | 06:00 PM Taste of the Season
- December 13 20 | 01:00 PM Toy giveaway
- December 14 20 | 09:00 AM Twentieth-annual mock trial of Santa Claus
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School