Coming Attractions June 29, 2012
June 29, 2012
July 2-6 — Fourth of July holiday
Most SAISD offices and schools will be closed this week.
July 12 (Thurs) — SAISD Job Fair
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Tafolla Middle School, 1303 W. César Chávez Blvd.
Interviews will be held for bus drivers, cafeteria porters/custodians and instructional assistants. For more information call 554-8400 or visit www.saisd.net.
Summer programs for students *
These are just a sample, and may be subject to change. Parents are asked to contact their child’s school for more information.
June 30 and July 14 (Saturdays) — Solar Hot Rods program
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at both sites (below)
These sessions conclude a four-part series offering incoming 8th-graders a fun way to study the STEM subjects of science, technology, math and engineering by building and racing solar-powered model cars. The Solar Hot Rods Program is part of Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs, designed to help the class of 2017 prepare for success in higher education and beyond. Partner for this summer program is the University of Texas at San Antonio and UTSA’s Interactive Technology Experience Center. While students are enjoying their cars, parents are invited to attend college-awareness workshops to be offered at this location through the UTSA Mobile Go Center. Sites are:
● June 30 at St. Ann Catholic Church, 210 St. Ann St.
● July 14 at the YMCA, 1213 Iowa St.
July 2-6 — Seamless Summer Nutrition Program
7 to 8 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Travis Early College High School, 1915 N. Main Ave.
This will be the only SAISD site open during the Fourth of July break serving free breakfast and lunch to anyone 18 years old and younger. The federally-funded nutrition program is available to districts like SAISD in which large numbers of students receive free meals during the school year.
* NOTE TO MEDIA – Please contact the SAISD Communications Department to coordinate coverage.
--- SAISD ---
KSAT: Edison High School holds mock disaster drill
KABB: SAISD student becomes first to win national Scholastic All-Star award
Express-News: Jefferson's Lassos school team is tied to a proud school history
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- May 25 20 | 08:00 AM SAISD Elementary and Secondary Teacher Job Fair
- May 25 20 | 09:00 AM PTA Officer’s Training
- May 27 20 Student Holiday/Staff Development/Teacher Prof Tim...
- May 28 20 | 09:00 AM Mayoral visit
- May 28 20 - May 31 20 | 09:00 AM SAISD Elementary School Choral Festival
- May 28 20 | 06:30 PM SAISD Council of PTAs general meeting
- May 29 20 | 05:00 PM Rising Star New Teacher Ceremony
- May 29 20 | 07:00 PM Pin and Stole Ceremony
- May 30 20 | 07:45 AM SAISD Foundation School Breakfast Showcase
- May 30 20 | 06:00 PM Middle School Partners end-of-year celebration
- May 31 20 | 09:00 AM Gamma Sigma Girls to help Habitat for Humanity
- June 01 20 | 08:30 AM Second Annual Fun Run
- June 07 20 Last Day of School/End of 4th Nine Weeks
- June 07 20 | 05:00 PM Fox Tech High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 08:00 PM Highlands High School graduation ceremony
- June 08 20 | 11:00 AM Sam Houston High School graduation ceremony
- June 09 20 | 02:00 PM Jefferson High School graduation ceremony
- June 09 20 | 05:30 PM Lanier High School graduation ceremony
- June 10 20 Teacher Workday/Bad Weather Make-Up Day
- June 10 20 | 05:00 PM Burbank High School graduation ceremony