Coming Attractions - June 29, 2012
June 29, 2012
July 2-6 — Fourth of July holiday
Most SAISD offices and schools will be closed this week.
July 12 (Thurs) — SAISD Job Fair
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Tafolla Middle School, 1303 W. César Chávez Blvd.
Interviews will be held for bus drivers, cafeteria porters/custodians and instructional assistants. For more information call 554-8400 or visit www.saisd.net.
Summer programs for students *
These are just a sample, and may be subject to change. Parents are asked to contact their child’s school for more information.
June 30 and July 14 (Saturdays) — Solar Hot Rods program
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at both sites (below)
These sessions conclude a four-part series offering incoming 8th-graders a fun way to study the STEM subjects of science, technology, math and engineering by building and racing solar-powered model cars. The Solar Hot Rods Program is part of Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs, designed to help the class of 2017 prepare for success in higher education and beyond. Partner for this summer program is the University of Texas at San Antonio and UTSA’s Interactive Technology Experience Center. While students are enjoying their cars, parents are invited to attend college-awareness workshops to be offered at this location through the UTSA Mobile Go Center. Sites are:
● June 30 at St. Ann Catholic Church, 210 St. Ann St.
● July 14 at the YMCA, 1213 Iowa St.
July 2-6 — Seamless Summer Nutrition Program
7 to 8 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Travis Early College High School, 1915 N. Main Ave.
This will be the only SAISD site open during the Fourth of July break serving free breakfast and lunch to anyone 18 years old and younger. The federally-funded nutrition program is available to districts like SAISD in which large numbers of students receive free meals during the school year.
* NOTE TO MEDIA – Please contact the SAISD Communications Department to coordinate coverage.
--- SAISD ---
- January 11 20 - May 09 20 Free family fitness classes resume
- February 08 20 | 06:00 PM Blueprint for Excellence community meetings
- February 11 20 - February 11 20 | 09:15 AM A reading by LeVar Burton
- February 11 20 - February 11 20 | 04:30 PM Super Hero Academic Night
- February 12 20 - February 12 20 | 05:30 PM Hoops for Heart and Stroke awareness