Coming Attractions July 20, 2012
July 20, 2012
July 23 (Mon) — School Board meeting
5:30 p.m. at the Central Office Board Room, 141 Lavaca St.
July 25 (Wed) — Lasso Alumni social and fundraiser
5:30 to 7 p.m. at Chris Madrid's Tacos and Burgers, 1900 Blanco Road
Proceeds will benefit the Jefferson High School Lasso Alumni Association which supports San Antonio’s most famous rope twirlers. T-shirts, ropes and limited edition Lasso Fiesta medals will be available for purchase. The event also will honor Lassos of the 1960s. Special guests will include District 7 City Councilmember Cris Medina and Jefferson alum Ed Garza, SAISD’s School Board president
Summer programs for students *
These are just a sample, and may be subject to change. Parents are asked to contact their child’s school for more information.
July 21 (Sat) – Interactive Technology Day
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the UTSA main campus, One UTSA Circle
Incoming 8th-graders who have participated in the previous Solar Hot Rods camps and their parents are invited to attend. Topics will include aviation, the environment, medical fields and robotics. Participants are members of Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs, designed to help the class of 2017 prepare for success in higher education and beyond. Their summer session - offered in partnership with the University of Texas at San Antonio and UTSA’s Interactive Technology Experience Center - was designed to provide students with a fun way to study the STEM subjects of science, technology, math and engineering.
July 21 (Sat) – SAC’s High-School Summer Theater Camp performance
2 p.m. at San Antonio College, 1300 San Pedro Ave.
Students will demonstrate what they have learned in camp by presenting a one-act public performance.
Ongoing thru Aug. 3 — Summer recreation
7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays at Franklin Elementary School, 1915 W. Olmos Drive
Supervised recreational opportunities are offered in partnership with the YMCA.
Ongoing thru Aug 10 — SA Youth Programs
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at centers throughout San Antonio
Students are eligible for free learning opportunities and activities including technology, physical education, music, culture, arts and other fun activities through SA Youth. Participating SAISD students attend Maverick and Pershing elementaries.
Ongoing thru Aug 10 — SA Youth Programs
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Lanier High School, 1514 W. César Chávez Blvd., and Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
Supervised recreational opportunities for teens enrolled at these two high schools will be offered in partnership with San Antonio Youth.
Ongoing thru Aug. 17 — Seamless Summer Nutrition Program
7 to 8 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at participating SAISD campuses
Free breakfast and lunch are served to anyone 18 years old and younger. The federally-funded nutrition program is available to districts like SAISD in which large numbers of students receive free meals during the school year.
* NOTE TO MEDIA – Please contact the SAISD Communications Department to coordinate coverage.
- April 14 20 - April 17 20 | 05:20 PM Free family fitness classes
- April 17 20 | 02:00 PM Annual Fiesta Shoebox Float Parade
- April 17 20 | 06:15 PM Second Annual Pitch for the Cure
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 21 20 - April 24 20 State Testing Dates
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- April 30 20 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- May 05 20 - May 09 20 State Testing Dates
- May 12 20 - May 16 20 State Testing Dates
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- May 29 20 | 05:00 PM Rising Star New Teacher Award Ceremony
- June 05 20 Last Day of School
- June 05 20 | 06:30 PM Lanier High School graduation ceremony
- June 06 20 Teacher Workday/Bad Weather Day Make-up Day
- June 06 20 | 05:00 PM Edison High School graduation ceremony
- June 06 20 | 08:30 PM Jefferson High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 10:00 AM Houston High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 02:00 PM YWLA graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 05:00 PM Fox Tech High School graduation ceremony
- June 08 20 | 01:00 PM Highlands High School graduation ceremony