Coming Attractions July 20, 2012
July 20, 2012
July 23 (Mon) — School Board meeting
5:30 p.m. at the Central Office Board Room, 141 Lavaca St.
July 25 (Wed) — Lasso Alumni social and fundraiser
5:30 to 7 p.m. at Chris Madrid's Tacos and Burgers, 1900 Blanco Road
Proceeds will benefit the Jefferson High School Lasso Alumni Association which supports San Antonio’s most famous rope twirlers. T-shirts, ropes and limited edition Lasso Fiesta medals will be available for purchase. The event also will honor Lassos of the 1960s. Special guests will include District 7 City Councilmember Cris Medina and Jefferson alum Ed Garza, SAISD’s School Board president
Summer programs for students *
These are just a sample, and may be subject to change. Parents are asked to contact their child’s school for more information.
July 21 (Sat) – Interactive Technology Day
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the UTSA main campus, One UTSA Circle
Incoming 8th-graders who have participated in the previous Solar Hot Rods camps and their parents are invited to attend. Topics will include aviation, the environment, medical fields and robotics. Participants are members of Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs, designed to help the class of 2017 prepare for success in higher education and beyond. Their summer session - offered in partnership with the University of Texas at San Antonio and UTSA’s Interactive Technology Experience Center - was designed to provide students with a fun way to study the STEM subjects of science, technology, math and engineering.
July 21 (Sat) – SAC’s High-School Summer Theater Camp performance
2 p.m. at San Antonio College, 1300 San Pedro Ave.
Students will demonstrate what they have learned in camp by presenting a one-act public performance.
Ongoing thru Aug. 3 — Summer recreation
7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays at Franklin Elementary School, 1915 W. Olmos Drive
Supervised recreational opportunities are offered in partnership with the YMCA.
Ongoing thru Aug 10 — SA Youth Programs
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at centers throughout San Antonio
Students are eligible for free learning opportunities and activities including technology, physical education, music, culture, arts and other fun activities through SA Youth. Participating SAISD students attend Maverick and Pershing elementaries.
Ongoing thru Aug 10 — SA Youth Programs
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Lanier High School, 1514 W. César Chávez Blvd., and Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
Supervised recreational opportunities for teens enrolled at these two high schools will be offered in partnership with San Antonio Youth.
Ongoing thru Aug. 17 — Seamless Summer Nutrition Program
7 to 8 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at participating SAISD campuses
Free breakfast and lunch are served to anyone 18 years old and younger. The federally-funded nutrition program is available to districts like SAISD in which large numbers of students receive free meals during the school year.
* NOTE TO MEDIA – Please contact the SAISD Communications Department to coordinate coverage.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 06 20 | 01:00 PM Click! Takata Safety Program
- December 09 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- December 11 20 | 04:45 PM Eagle band to serenade King William Historic Distr...
- December 12 20 | 09:00 AM Mock arrest warrant issued for Santa Claus
- December 12 20 | 06:00 PM Taste of the Season
- December 13 20 | 01:00 PM Toy giveaway
- December 14 20 | 09:00 AM Twentieth-annual mock trial of Santa Claus
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School