Community engagement is a key part of the superintendent search process, and we will call on the public to help us develop a profile for the position.
A number of focus groups and public meetings will be held to gather input from parents, community and education partners, faculty and more to be used in developing the profile.
The following community input sessions have been scheduled for input:
• Tuesday, Sept. 4, 6:00 p.m. at Sam Houston High School, 4635 E. Houston St.
• Wednesday, Sept. 5, 6:00 p.m. at Lanier High School, 1514 W. Cesar Chavez Blvd.
• Tuesday, Sept. 11, 6:00 p.m. at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
• Tuesday, Sept. 11, 6:00 p.m. at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
• Wednesday, Sept. 12, 6:00 p.m. at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Dr.
• Wednesday, Sept. 12, 7:00 p.m. at Highlands High School, 3118 Elgin Ave.
• Thursday, Sept. 13, 6:00 p.m. at Edison High School, 701 Santa Monica Dr.