Coming Attractions August 10, 2012
August 10, 2012
Aug. 11 (Sat) — Critical Needs Teacher Job Fair
8 a.m. to noon at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive at South St. Mary’s Street
Certified educators for all teaching areas considered critical and those currently enrolled in alternative certification programs will be interviewed. These include math, science, music/choir, bilingual, registered nurse, librarians, technology education, business education, technology applications, health science technology and fire science.
Aug. 14 to 17 — Registration for 2012-13 school year
8 a.m. to 4 p.m., with extended hours on certain days (see below) at all SAISD schools
All new and returning students to the District need to register at the school they will attend. Wednesday’s registration time will be extended until 7 p.m. at all campuses and on Thursday for high school students only. Elementary- and middle school-aged students who attend any of the 62 campuses hosting After-School Challenge also may be signed up for this program during Districtwide registration. The first day of classes for all SAISD students is Monday, Aug. 27.
Summer programs for students *
These are just a sample, and maybe subject to change. Parents are asked to contact their child’s school for more information.
Aug. 13-17 — Martial Arts Summer Camp
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Young Women’s Leadership Academy, 2123 W. Huisache Ave.
Sixth-, 10th- and 11th-graders attending San Antonio’s only all-girls public school will learn self-defense techniques and healthy-living guidelines.
Ongoing thru Aug. 17 — Seamless Summer Nutrition Program
7 to 8 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at participating SAISD campuses
Free breakfast and lunch are served to anyone 18 years old and younger. The federally-funded nutrition program is available to districts like SAISD in which large numbers of students receive free meals during the school year.
* NOTE TO MEDIA – Please contact the SAISD Communications Department to coordinate coverage.
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 05 20 | 05:30 PM ‘Ah, Shucks! It’s a Tamalada celebration
- December 05 20 | 06:00 PM Police Explorers induction ceremony
- December 05 20 | 07:00 PM 'Come Through in the Clutch' seminar
- December 06 20 | 01:00 PM Click! Takata Safety Program
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School