Coming Attractions August 31, 2012
Aug. 31, 2012
Sept. 3 (Mon) — Labor Day holiday
All schools and most offices will be closed.
Sept. 4-5 — SAISD superintendent search community input sessions
6 p.m. at locations listed below
District patrons and community members are invited to share their views on the qualities and characteristics they would like SAISD’s next leader to have and to learn more about the search process. An online survey is available at www.saisd.net and the first two in a series of community input sessions will be:
● Sept. 4 (Tues) – at Sam Houston High School, 4635 E. Houston St.
● Sept. 5 (Wed) – at Lanier High School, 1514 W. César Chávez Blvd.
Sept. 6 (Thurs) — Playground ribbon-cutting ceremony
2:30 p.m. at Washington Elementary School, 1823 Nolan St.
Students will be beneficiaries of a new playground at this East Side school. Funding for it is through the SAISD Foundation, and was made possible by a donation from the Charity Ball Association. Special guests invited to join in the celebration include SAISD Trustee James Howard and Councilmember Ivy Taylor, both representatives of their respective districts 2, and representatives from the SAISD Foundation, the East Side Promise Neighborhood, United Way and select parents.
Sept. 6 (Thurs) — Final single-member Trustee redistricting public hearing
6 p.m. at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
The public is invited to review and provide input on two draft maps proposing boundary changes for either Trustee districts 3, 4 and 5 or 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. The proposals are designed to balance population changes in these districts as reflected by the 2010 U. S. Census. This is the final of three public hearings held on the proposed redistricting.
Sept. 6 (Thurs) — Edison Under the Lights
6:30 p.m. at the Edison High School athletic field, 701 Santa Monica Drive
For the first time ever, the Golden Bear community will be able to attend a gridiron match illuminated by lights which recently were installed through a collaborative effort between SAISD and the city of San Antonio. As an added bonus, the school is offering free admission to all guests. This historic football game will be played between the Edison and Carrizo Springs junior varsity squads.
--- SAISD ---
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 11 20 | 04:45 PM Eagle band to serenade King William Historic Distr...
- December 12 20 | 09:00 AM Mock arrest warrant issued for Santa Claus
- December 12 20 | 06:00 PM Taste of the Season
- December 13 20 | 01:00 PM Toy giveaway
- December 14 20 | 09:00 AM Twentieth-annual mock trial of Santa Claus
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School