Coming Attractions August 31, 2012
Aug. 31, 2012
Sept. 3 (Mon) — Labor Day holiday
All schools and most offices will be closed.
Sept. 4-5 — SAISD superintendent search community input sessions
6 p.m. at locations listed below
District patrons and community members are invited to share their views on the qualities and characteristics they would like SAISD’s next leader to have and to learn more about the search process. An online survey is available at www.saisd.net and the first two in a series of community input sessions will be:
● Sept. 4 (Tues) – at Sam Houston High School, 4635 E. Houston St.
● Sept. 5 (Wed) – at Lanier High School, 1514 W. César Chávez Blvd.
Sept. 6 (Thurs) — Playground ribbon-cutting ceremony
2:30 p.m. at Washington Elementary School, 1823 Nolan St.
Students will be beneficiaries of a new playground at this East Side school. Funding for it is through the SAISD Foundation, and was made possible by a donation from the Charity Ball Association. Special guests invited to join in the celebration include SAISD Trustee James Howard and Councilmember Ivy Taylor, both representatives of their respective districts 2, and representatives from the SAISD Foundation, the East Side Promise Neighborhood, United Way and select parents.
Sept. 6 (Thurs) — Final single-member Trustee redistricting public hearing
6 p.m. at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
The public is invited to review and provide input on two draft maps proposing boundary changes for either Trustee districts 3, 4 and 5 or 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. The proposals are designed to balance population changes in these districts as reflected by the 2010 U. S. Census. This is the final of three public hearings held on the proposed redistricting.
Sept. 6 (Thurs) — Edison Under the Lights
6:30 p.m. at the Edison High School athletic field, 701 Santa Monica Drive
For the first time ever, the Golden Bear community will be able to attend a gridiron match illuminated by lights which recently were installed through a collaborative effort between SAISD and the city of San Antonio. As an added bonus, the school is offering free admission to all guests. This historic football game will be played between the Edison and Carrizo Springs junior varsity squads.
--- SAISD ---
- March 04 20 - March 07 20 Head Start 2014 Application Event
- March 07 20 | 11:00 AM Pre-spring break food drive
- March 07 20 | 03:00 PM Community health fair
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- March 12 20 | 01:30 PM Campus makeover and cookout
- March 17 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- March 19 20 | 05:30 PM Open house for all-new Cameron
- March 20 20 | 08:00 AM SAISD Foundation School Breakfast Showcase
- March 20 20 | 06:30 PM Community health fair
- March 26 20 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- March 29 20 | 08:30 AM Run 4Education
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- April 30 20 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School
- August 13 20 - August 15 20 Staff Development
- August 18 20 - August 19 20 Teacher Workdays
- August 20 20 - August 22 20 Staff Development
- August 25 20 First Day of School