District Leadership Team
The District Leadership Team
Board policy BQA (LOCAL), in response to legal mandates, establishes a site-based, decision-making committee at the district level to advise the Board or its designee on educational goals and objectives and to assist the Superintendent. Two levels of teams function within the district. At the district-level, the District Leadership Team (DLT) and at the campus-level, the Campus Leadership Teams (CLTs).
The DLT is chaired by the Superintendent with a co-chairperson elected by the members of the committee. Terms of Service: Two (2)-year terms for the school years.
The District Leadership Team (DLT) is established to advise the Superintendent acting as the Board’s designee in the following roles.As advisors, various duties of the DLT include the following:
• Establish and review the District's educational goals and objectives;
• Review major district-wide instructional programs identified by the Board or Superintendent;
• Analyze dropout rates, dropout prevention plans and graduation rates and
• Approve staff development of a district-wide nature
Specific duties of the DLT outlined in BQA (LEGAL) include the following:
• Be involved in establishing and reviewing the district educational plans, goals, performance objectives, and major classroom instructional programs;
• Address all pertinent federal planning requirements;
• Assist the Superintendent annually in preparing, reviewing, and revising the District Improvement Plan;
• Analyze the district dropout rates, dropout prevention plans and graduation rates;
• Hold one public meeting annually after receipt of the district-level performance report to discuss the performance and the performance objectives;
• Advise district staff regarding the discipline management program including the SAISD Student Code of Conduct;
• Participate in the development of and approve District-wide staff development and
• As appropriate, provide written comments on requests for waivers submitted to TEA
For the purposes of membership on the DLT, the District is divided into four teams. A team is considered to consist of the schools that form the teams as divided for supervision in the School Leadership Department, as identified by the Superintendent.
The DLT shall be composed of forty-eight members elected by and who represent campus-based professionals, paraprofessional/classified staff and parents and district-level professionals, business and community members. The business and community members are appointed by the Superintendent. Three (3) District-level professionals shall serve as advisors to the DLT. In addition, any organized employee group may have an advisor representative present at the meetings.
DLT meeting dates for 2013-2014
Oct. 30, 2013
Nov. 20, 2013Jan. 29, 2014
Feb. 26, 2014
March 26, 2014
April 30, 2014
May 28, 2014
To transform SAISD into a national model urban school district where every child graduates and is educated so that he or she is prepared to be a contributing member of the community.
Our primary purpose of improving lives through a quality education is driven by an unrelenting determination to graduate all of our students and prepare them for success in higher education. Our ideology is reflected in our fundamental beliefs, commitments and core values that guide us in our daily practices.
- Student Centered
- High Expectations
- Every student can learn and achieve at high levels.
- We are responsible for the education and safety of every student.
- We are responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the school system.
- Everyone should be treated with respect.
- People support what they help create.